Chapter twelve (Rose)

The wedding was short. Very short. Violet and Loui stood across from each other and said a few vows. Most of the ceremony was just the priest talking. The end was companied by an unemotional kiss between the two of them. Rose watched as their lips touched. Normally that would've bothered her a lot more than it did now, because now she knew that Loui was hers and hers alone. A smug expression faintly crawled onto her face.
     Topaz walked up to her after the ceremony. "Hey Rose! How ya feeling....?"
"Ok..."
"I'm sorry, buddy......"
"Eh don't mention it......the feelings will go away eventually......" 'don't say anything about last night........'
"Well.....Loui and Violet are going to the sitting room with Jasper.....wanna come with me?" They got married in the dining room in fear of going into town. It was still charred.
"Sure...." she followed the teenager into the sitting room. Violet sat next to her husband. Rose and Topaz sat on the other side of him.
"I can't believe you're going to war....." Violet practically whispered.
"I know but Washington needs soldiers....." He whispered back.
"Are you guys supposed to be quiet? Because it's not working...." Topaz said.
"She's right." Jasper said from across the room. Penelope was sitting close to her, holding her hand. Rose raised an eyebrow, knowing that Jasper happened to be a flaming homosexual.
"Well let's have a conversation then! What do you guys think about me leaving?"
"It terrifies me." Said Jasper.
"I think you're so brave for doing it!" Said Topaz, who had always looked up to her big brother.
"It scares me too....." Violet and Rose said in unison.
"I'll be fine! If something bad happens I'll just run!"
"You can't run from bullets, dear...." Violet hugged his arm.
"Well shit on me and call me Daddy! I know that Vi." He joked. She looked serious.
      Rose kept quiet now as the other people in the room conversed. She sat there, imagining all the horrible ways Loui's life could be taken. She took a deep breath. 'Loui's strong.......he's able to take care of himself.......' she thought, but when you're in love you're bound to worry about that person. She noticed a grave expression on Jasper's face when it started to get dark. She squeezed Penelope's hand. The girl blushed.
      "Oh no it's getting dark......" Violet pointed out.
"Loui I changed my mind I don't want you to go!" Jasper blurted.
"Good luck! I hope you kill all the redcoats!" Topaz followed up.
"Guys I'm still going......and thank you Topie." He smiled at her. Topaz smiled back. Jasper let go of Penelope and ran over to her brother, hugging him. Rose and Topaz moved over into his embraced as well as Violet and even Penelope. They stayed there for a while in silence, heat accumulating. It was so warm.