Chapter nine (Loui)

Loui pulled Rose off the balcony by her waist. People were starting to wake up and look around. He passed his sisters in the hall. "Go get father and meet us in the sitting room!" Topaz rubbed her eyes.
"What was that noise?"
"Go to the sitting room! This is the final straw!" He yelled, letting his inner rebel take over. Topaz looked confused and concern, following her siblings and Rose into the family sitting room. Ben slowly shuffled after them.
     Now, everyone was seated except for Loui. "What happened?" Jasper asked her pacing brother. He looked back at her.
"They've set the city ablaze!"
"WHAT?!" Topaz stood. Benjamin gasped. Jasper trembled. "Are you joking?!"
"He's telling the truth. I saw the inferno myself." Rose said, standing next to Loui.
"They need soldiers more than ever now! I was contemplating it before but now it's without a question! I'm joining the revolution!" Everyone gasped and stared.
"Son.....are you sure....?"
"I'm as sure as I'll ever be! This country is never going to be free unless we help! I'm going to see General Washington the day after tomorrow! I need one more day with my sisters.....and I am to be married then......." he brushed Rose's hand with his. She shifted closer.
"Y-you can't leave! What if you get hurt?!" Jasper looked worried.
"Then I'll get hurt!" He answered, his voice deep and authoritative. Topaz stayed silent, determination in her eyes. "You won't change my mind!" Topaz stood.
"God speed Loui!" Ben grabbed her hand and made her sit.
"Topaz sit down...." the short girl sighed and put her hands in her lap, smoothing her dress.
"The night is still young.....I advise you all get some rest...." The tall male stated. Rose grabbed his arm.
"I can't sleep after seeing that......"
"It'll be alright, Rose....." he comforted her. Jasper and her sister stood and left, followed by Benjamin. Loui trailed behind with Rose, who was practically clinging to him. 'This is perhaps the last time I will see her.....' he thought.