Chapter fifteen (Rose)

Solemn piano music echoed through the halls. Rose had her hand on her stomach, not feeling well. She poked her head into the room and saw Jasper and Penelope sitting at the piano. "Hello Miss Jasper."
"Hi Rose.....have you seen Topaz? I can't find her anywhere......"
"I'm afraid not.....I was just about to ask you the same question."
"I would have thought she would want to say goodbye to our brother but she just disappeared......"
"Have you checked her room?"
"Of course I have! Penelope and I have been looking everywhere! We even checked under the house...."
"I hope she isn't hurt somewhere....." Rose said, burping into her hand and almost throwing up. "Excuse me I don't know what that was....."
"Why are you holding your stomach? Are you ok?"
"I don't know.....I'm not feeling well....."
"Do we need to get you a doctor...?"
"Possibly. I hope it's not something serious."
"Me too......what do you think Loui is doing right now?"
"He's probably on his way to the front lines I would presume.......it's moved on from this place...the British have their eyes on a different target..." Rose said, moving over to the piano. The music had stopped a minute ago when she walked in but Penelope started playing again. "Jasper....Penelope.....can I tell you something...just us girls? I feel as if it has something to do with my not feeling well......"
"Of course we don't mind! Do we, Penny?"
"No....go ahead." She stopped playing. Rose sat on the small bench next to Jasper.
"Well......it was getting close to that time of the month for me....but my cycle has failed to start....I'm worried....."
"Oh...that is scary to think about.....something stuck up there?"
"Good god I hope not." Rose seemed surprised at the question.
".....could you possibly be pregnant?" Asked Penelope, who had moved onto Jasper's lap. The two were close in age. Rose's eyes widened but she managed to keep her composure.
'Oh god......please no.....' She gulped. "I don't think so....I have my virginity still......" 'Don't tell them about that night.....don't.....'
"Hhmmm.......I don't know what to tell you then."