Chapter eleven (Loui)

After Rose left his room, Loui laid back down and dozed off for a few more hours. The third hour of sleep was when Topaz knocked on his door, waking him up. He groaned. "It's unlocked!" Topaz walked inside.
"Are you excited for today?"
"Not particularly.......Im doing this for you guys then I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll make sure Jasper takes care of you and she'll be telling you stories before bed like always."
"......I wish the British would leave us alone...."
"Me too Tope....me too....." 'we all do.....'
"....what're those marks on your neck?" Loui's eyes widened.
"T-these are...um.....its a rash."
"Really? Do you need something for it?"
"No it comes and goes." He lied. "I'll be fine...."
"Ok...." she cleared her throat. "Anyway, daddy says there won't be a reception and the ceremony will be short. He wants you to be able to say goodbye to your new wife before you leave."
"Ok...."
"Oh! One more thing!" She grinned. "I learned how to do a round house kick! Wanna see?!" Loui laughed a little, relieved to have moved on from the subject.
"Show me!" Topaz cleared out some space and kicked the air. Her form was intimating but she was tiny so it wasn't very affective. Loui clapped. "Bravo!" Topaz bowed.
"Thanks! I've been practicing all morning!"
"Really? What for?"
"I always practice my karate! It's a good skill to know!"
"I suppose....a bit useless for someone like you though...."
"Nonsense!" She crossed her arms. He stood and messed up her hair. She giggled.
"You're adorable." He said, leaving the room. Topaz follows behind him.
"I'm not adorable! I'm strong! I'm a soldier at heart!"
"Oh Topie....." he laughed. "Of course you are....." the short girl managed to take his mind of the wedding for now with her enthusiasm about fighting. Thank god.