Chapter sixteen (Loui)

The carriage arrived at Lexington. The air was cold and foggy. Loui stepped onto the grass with his squad, including the strange soldier that was next to him. That same man hopped down from the carriage, rubbing the stubble in his chin. Loui watched him, getting his musket. 'That guy reminds me so much of her.......it can't be......' He followed the rest of his troop, keeping his eye on the short man as he walked with them.
      The sound of horses could be heard in the woods. A man on horseback rode out to them. The soldiers straightened up, saluting, so Loui did the same. "This way! We have to hold them off for as long as we can!" Boomed the man on the horse, and rode off down the path in the woods. The troop marched after him, clearing the trees.
      Dead bodies covered the ground in patches. Loui held his musket tightly. The troop dispatched. They seemed to know what they were doing so Loui followed. He watched as they ran redcoats through with bayonets. He felt a small stab of fear but it went away.
      A British soldier shot at him and missed. Loui quickly aimed but didn't shoot, seeing the short soldier from before practically tackling him, stabbing him with the end of his gun. Loui seemed surprised but ran to aid him. And so the battle raged on.
      Loui had stabbed thirteen people that day, and shot near twenty. The shorter soldier still intrigued him, seeing as whoever judged his ability by his size was quick to be defeated. Or in this case die. He placed a hand on the young man's shoulder when the British finally held back and the battle was over. "How old are you?" He asked. The soldier turned to him, his face being surprisingly feminine.
"Seventeen sir, going on eighteen." His voice was feminine too, but too deep to be female.
"That's young....." Loui's eyes widened a little. "And yet you're a better soldier than I....."
"I've been told that I'm a soldier at heart."
"My god you remind me of someone......"
"Who would that be?"
"My sister. She's about your age, I think you two would get along well......"
"If you're offering her hand in marriage, I'll take you up on that!" The soldier smirked and walked off with the rest of their troop, or at least what was left. Loui followed.
'Topaz'll be upset if she finds out I said that......'