Chapter three (Loui)

"W-what do you mean marry me off?!"
"Exactly what I said! I'm sorry my boy, but it's how it has to be.....think of your sisters...."
".......Is there any other way....."
"Why do you care so much?! You're single and the girl you'll be marrying is plenty attractive!"
"I-I'm in love with someone else! Doing this to me would be like torture!" Loui looked as if he was about to burst into tears. Even with a trembling lip and pink face, he was still a very attractive young man. His father sighed.
"I'm done with this conversation...."
"But f-"
"BUT NOTHING! IF I SAY YOURE GETTING MARRIED YOURE DAMN WELL GETTING MARRIED IS THAT CLEAR?!" The small old man boomed. His son nodded.
"Yes sir...."
"Good....you'll meet the lucky lady tomorrow...." Loui stood and pushed in his chair before solemnly leaving the room. He leaned his forehead against the wall.
'Oh Rose......' he thought, '.....perhaps I never deserved you........' Oh how he longed to tell her how he felt. The way that how she looked made him breathless, how she spoke sent shivers down his spine. If only he could find the words.
He held his hands behind his back and followed the careless sound of music. Jasper was playing the piano in the music room, a soap bucket in the corner. She stopped when she heard Loui come in. "Hello brother!" She beamed, but alas her smile soon faded when Loui's depressed expression became apparent to her. "Why so forlorn....?"
"Father is marrying me off........"
"Oh dear.....to whom?"
"He didn't tell me her name. He just said she was beautiful....."
"Well that's a good thing!" She tried to make him feel more positive.
"I feel as if my world is falling apart......these damned taxes and rules made up by some bumbling king oceans away who thinks he has the balls to command us....and now this...."
"You're over reacting, Loui.......these things happ-"
"I have feelings for another woman. There. I admitted that I have emotions." He teased but it was not playful nor joyous. Jasper on the other hand was all of a sudden thrilled.
"Really?!"
"Really."
"Really really?!"
"Yes, really really....."
"Oh Loui! Who is she! Tell me her name!"
"I can't and I won't." He sighed. "Where is Topie?"
"In the library I presume. That's where she asked for Rose to come to yes it was....."
"I should go make sure she doesn't burn down the place....." he straightened his back and sniffed, his expression going from depressed to determined and ambitious, as it usually was. "Off to the library I go...."