29

Logged out of my other account, came on here and had over 430 notifications. I feel special.
•••

This was not how I thought my night would go. My past experience in a situation like this didn't go very well, the last guy got what he wanted. But this time Shawn was here to save me, to make sure it didn't happen again. I probably should have thanked him a million times for stopping that guy, but I couldn't find the words to talk.

Every time I attempted, my voice cracked. Tears flooded my eyes and Shawn would only hug my shivering body tighter. He gave me his shirt so I had something to cover up my basically naked and exposed body. Yeah, he had to walk out with no shirt, but he said that it was okay. The only responses I could get out were light hums and head shakes.

The car ride to my house was quiet, the entire way, nothing was said. The radio wasn't even on, not that I wanted it to be, cause I didn't. We were at a stop light when Shawn reached over and grabbed my shaky hand; lightly squeezing it. "Thank you," I say. It's faint, and my voice doesn't fail to crack a bit. Shawn looks at me, a sad smile on his face. "I'm glad I was there, Josie."

Silence falls over the car again, and then a bright light flashes, nearly blinding me. Okay, probably over reacting. "Shawn, Shawn, Shawn," people say from outside the car, attempting to get his attention. "You have to be kidding me," he murmurs. The light turns green, and Shawn speeds off. I'm actually surprised he didn't hit anyone. "They're going to follow us!" He states, almost panicking.

His hand had been removed from mine when the camera light had flashed. Shawn was driving pretty fast, and I couldn't say anything. And I'm trying to, I'm trying to say something but nothing is happening. "S-S-Sha-" I can't say it. What's happening? I'm actually trying right now. My throats feels like it's tightening, but yet I'm breathing just fine.

My head feels like it's spinning, and it aches. What the hell is going on? "Shawn," I mutter. My voice sounds horrible, and I can't describe it. Even Shawn gives me an odd look. "Are you good?" I shake my head, something's happening. Shawn pulls over, and the paparazzi come into mind, they're going to catch up. He grabs both of my hands, squeezing them.

When he does so, I realize how much I'm shaking. And Shawn looks at me with fear in his eyes, we both don't know what's going on. Then, it just stops. Everything goes away, I'm fine. "What the hell," I blurt. My voice sounding completely normal, nothing weird. "You're fine?" Shawn questions, confused as well.

Don't ask why I'm just now remembering this, but what just happened also happened the last time I was in a situation of rape.. an anxiety attack. It had been so long, can't really blame me for not realizing what was going on. I rather not tell Shawn, don't want him to worry. I'm not worth him worrying about.

"I'm fine," I assure him.

•••

When we arrived at my house, my mom wasn't there. Even though I was told she would be off work tonight. "I'll get you some water," Shawn says to me, his hand running up and down my arm. I'm being offered things in my own home, funny. He comes back with a glass cup, water filled. The smile on his face makes some stress go away.

He sets the cup on the small table in front of me. "I'll get going, I bet you want to be alone because of w-" "No!" I blurt. His eyes widen and I mentally face palm.

"I, uh, don't want to be alone." Shawn nods, rubbing his hand on my arm once again. "Anything you need, I'll make sure you get it," he says. "Shawn, this is sweet, really, but you aren't a maid." He giggles, and I melt into a puddle of emotions. "For you Josie, I'll make an exception." A huge smile spreads across my face.

"Let me go get dressed," I say, he nods in response. My hands dig through the drawers, searching for something else to wear. Shawn has been shirtless since he got here, and I feel bad.

There's a light nock at my door, "Come in." I don't know what Shawn needs, I've been gone for not even a minute. He comes in, along with my mom by his side. "Please explain why there was, well, is a shirtless boy walking around the house? And where are your pants!" My face heats up, "Mom, we weren't doing anything-" "Bull shit!"

"Mom, why are you getting so mad, there's an explanation." I try to come off calm. If I don't, get slapped. "I doubt it's a good one," she laughs.

I bet she won't even believe me.

•••

I feel bad, it's been over a month.