13

Shawn's p

Shawn's p.o.v.

I feel like no one else is around me, like it's only her. She's the only thing I can see right now, she's the only thing I want to see. My eyes rake her body, and a let a "Woah," slip past my lips. I can't help its, she's so flawless.

I finally shift my eyes to her face, and she's red. I chuckles and mumble, "sorry." She shakes her head and takes a step forward. "Do you have on sunscreen?" She asks, kinda like she's concerned. I shake my head no, and she sighs. "You're not the... What's the word.."

"Ok-" she continues, "you're not super pale. But, you're also not tan. So you're going to burn pretty easily, you need it." I nod and she gets some sunscreen from a bag that's hanging on her shoulder.

She orders me to turn around, and I do. The cold sunscreen hits my back, but her warm hands keep me from shivering. "You work out a lot," she says. I don't say anything, I just enjoy the feeling of her hands on my back.

I didn't even realize I was holding a breath until her hands pulled away, and I let it go. I turn around and her face is still a tint of red, and it's adorable.

I reach forward and grab her arm "Hey-" I cut her off by pick her up bridal style then bolting for the ocean.

She yells and laughs, not deciding which to do. I throw her forward into the ocean, and I bend over out of breath. When she surfaces a smile is plastered across her face. I can't help but smile back, thankfully she isn't pissed. "What's wrong with you!" She says with a laugh.

Before I can say anything, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around a see a girl, probably 15, smiling her ass off. "O-M-G!! You're Shawn Mendes." I kinda cringe at the way she's talking, but try and push it aside cause she's a fan.

"I hope say," I smirk. She only giggles then pulls out her phone, "can I have a picture?" I nod and wave Josie over. She smiles and I hand her the girls phone, she obviously was listening to our conversation.

The girls blue eyes squinted at Josie, but I shook it off. Her arm laced around my bare waist and a shudder went down my spine. Why? Because he hand is fucking cold.

"There," Josie says with a smile. She hands the girl her phone, and she snatches it from Josie.
Josie is kinda taken back, her smile kinda fades, but she makes sure to not let it get to her.

"You can go now. Thank you for taking the picture." The girls tone isn't a friendly type, it's a stone cold command. Josie's eyes widen, but she doesn't say anything. Only stutters over her breathy words.

"She's with me," I tell the girl. I force a smile on my face and I can see her jaw clench. She has no reason to be mad, I'm hanging out with my friend, don't gotta be upset.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"No," Josie blurts. I don't know why that one word makes me upset. Maybe because I want us to be something, even though I just called her a friend.

But, in reality, she is just a friend but hopefully that will change. "Oh," is all the girl says before walking away. Josie raises an eyebrow, "She was something." I chuckle.

"Now, let's enjoy our time on the beach." I say. She smiles and runs back towards the water. I watch as her feet leave imprints in the sand. And her arms swing by her hips as her legs carry her to the waves. I laugh and run after her, sand kicking up in the air and sticking to my body and my feet glide across the soft ground.

She stops right where the waves hit the sand. She closes her eyes and let's the light wind glide ok her beautiful face. She takes a deep breath through her nose before her eyes open again, "Last time we were here, I forgot all about how I hated this place.." I didn't say a word. I know she isn't done, she's deciding if she wants to continue.

"Being with you makes me forget the bad things, and just see the light through it all." Her head turns in my direction, and a small smile is placed on her lips. "This is where my Dad died." I freeze at her words.

"I'm sorry," I know I sound pity, but that's all I feel. I feel pity for her, sadness, anger that she had some one so important to her taken away. "I haven't actually step foot on a beach since I was 14 or 15, until the last time I was here with you." I smile a little bit, I helped her out with that.

"Thank you." She says, then quickly leans in to hug me. I smile as her arms wrap around my neck, and my arms hold her tiny waist. "You're welcome(?)." I say it in a statement and questioning tone. She over came it, I just helped out a little bit. It was all her.
"Now, none of the sad shit. Let's swim!" Her tone went from sad to happy really fast, I couldn't help but laugh.

She's amazing.