27

Helping a drunk Shawn is not how I expected my day to go. But, I'm happy we found him before some crazy fans or paparazzi did. Listening to him ask dumb questions and try to run around my living room is kind of funny, "Do crabs think fish can fly." Noah bursts out laughing and I just sent him a joking glare. If we laugh Shawn will think we're laughing at him, which we are, but he's drunk and I bet he'll get emotional.

"Why are you laughing? That was a serious question!" I have to hide my face in my hands I can hide how red my face is from holding in all the laughter. "I'm thirsty," Shawn says while getting up. I rush over and push him back down by his shoulders, "I'll get you some water." He looks at me like I'm crazy, "Whatever Josie look-a-like."

I bring him some water and he tries to take it like a shot. But sadly ends up choking on the water and back washing it all over the rug. "What the hell?" Shawn says as the water also runs down his chin and shirt. "What, are you five?" Noah asks as he goes to get a towel. Shawn glares at Noah as he walks away. "He's a bitch," Shawn attempts to whisper. "I heard you!" Noah yells from the hallway. I just laugh and then Shawn says, "Do you think Josie will ever date me again?"

"Let's not talk about that," he huffs as I say this. "But-but, I need some adverse." I give him a questioning look, "Adverse?" He thinks about what he said for a moment, "I meant advice." I nod then sit next to him on the couch.

"I think you should move on." Shawn dramatically gasps and shakes his head. "No, I shall never give up!" I face palm and he yanks my hand away from my face, "Stop, you might damage your brain." I sigh then get back and and sit on the love seat on the other side of the room. Noah comes in with two towels, he throws one and Shawn and it hits him in the face.

And he sets the other on the wet part of the rug. "That was not nice," Shawn says to Noah. Noah just ignores him and walks over to me, sitting on the love seat. "I never thought I'd see Shawn Mendes drunk," I laugh at him and lay back in the chair.

"I caught brain damage," Shawn says while rubbing his temples. Noah and I once again hide our faces so we can laugh.

A few minutes later Shawn lays down and falls asleep, finally. "So, drunk Shawn showers his everlasting feelings," I nod at Noah's words and take a sip of water. "I though he'd moved on by now." Noah scoffs, "Have you even moved on?" I shake my head, "Well, there you go."

•••

"I think you should go for it with him, again." I sigh at Noah's words. "Stop," I say. I don't want to hear if, I'm trying to move on. I'm trying to get over Shawn. But then I take care of him while he is drunk and he confesses the feelings he still has. And every time I see his adorable smile or hear his laugh I just fall even more. Noah leaves my house without a word, and Shawn is still asleep on my couch.

As soon as Noah walks out the door, Shawn sits up groaning. He's been a sleep for at least a few hours, I haven't really been keeping track. "Shit," Shawn mutters. His eyes are squeezed shut and his fingers are rubbing against his temples. When Shawn can finally open his eyes fully, his gaze meets mine. "Josie?" He asks. Confusion laced in his scratchy voice. I don't say anything, and the silence is filled with a cough from Shawn. "What's going on?" He asks. Shawn attempts to stand up but fails, and his body falls back onto the couch.

"I saved your ass from paparazzi, fans, other stuff." I can tell Shawn is beyond confused, and his head is probably beating like a drum. I can just see the pain in his eyes. "I want to go home," Shawn says. He doesn't want to see me, I can't blame him. It probably hurts, cause I know I'm hurting. "Okay, I'll drive you."

The car ride is silent, no words spoken. I just wanted him to say something, anything. But nothing. That was until I dropped him off, "Thanks Josie, goodbye Josie." Shawn walks off before I can reply.
I just miss him so much.

Can I make up my mind already?