19

Josie.

I wake up and before I can even take in my surroundings, I feel a beating in my head. It causes me to groan in pain, it feels like my brain is on its period. I open my closed eyes and look around.

Shawn's house.

Ok, why am I not at my house? Why am I on Shawn's couch? I try to say something, but it causes me to feel more pain. Why? I have no idea. I'm really confused right now. How come I'm not in Shawn's room with him? What if Shawn's not even here?

It hurts my head more when I ask myself questions. The light coming in through the cracked blinds is enough to make me wanna puke. Shit, I need to puke.

I throw my hand over my mouth and look around, and my eyes catch ahold of a trash can. But I don't even have to get up for it, it's right next to me. And it also already has puke in it, ew. I ignore it and just fucking puke into the trash can. I feel better for a split second, but it doesn't last long.

The sound of footsteps ring in my ears, and I wince. "Good morning," my head pounds. But it's not as bad since it's Shawn who just told me good morning. But he didn't sound like he usually does, where's the baby part? Good morning baby girl, that's what he always says.

"Good-" I stop and press my fingers against my temples. Shit that fucking hurt. Shawn looks concerned, but I can tell he's trying to hide it. There's no hug, no sense of comfort from him. "I'll get you a water," he sounds like a robot. There's not emotion in his voice. It's just, I don't know, flat.

He soon comes back with a water bottle, I don't say thank you, it hurts to even say simple words. Instead I smile, but he doesn't back. I want to ask questions like, why am I here, and everything around that. But it hurts to much.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" His voice sends a unpleasant sensation through my head, and I cringe. "No," I try my best to push out the word. It's soft, quiet, but yet it still hurts like hell. He stays silent, and it isn't a comfortable silence, it's just, weird.

I can tell by the way he's looking at me that something is wrong. And there's a huge sign saying I'm the reason. "What happ-" I stop talking. My fingers find my temples again and press. Why, why, why? His hand rests on my bare leg, but then, after a split second, drags off my leg. "Don't talk. I know it hurts." I don't move.

"We went to a party. And things happened that shouldn't of." I look into his eyes, and I can tell they're screaming in pain also. But not physical pain, emotional pain. Shit, I wonder what I did. I know it has to do with me, why else would be acting like this towards me?

"Did I do-" "don't talk," he cuts me off. "Shit happened ok. And I'm not happy with it. But we'll talk about it later." My heart is racing. I feel like shit. I am shit. Not the shit, just plain shit. I know I fucked something up, I know, I just know.

***

Shawn

Josie really doesn't remember anything, and she looked horrible. I don't mean that in a bad way, she's gorgeous, it's just she looks like she is in pain. And when she kept pressing her fingers to her temples, I knew she felt like shit. Every time a word would leave her mouth, or mine, he eyes would squeeze shut.

I need answers. I need to know why she did that. And the only person I can get answers from is Taylor, and I'm not looking forward to it. He's coming over, well, any minute now. Josie has just fallen back asleep, I hope we don't wake her.

The knock on the door causes me to jump up, he's here. I open the door and already want to slap him as soon as his face comes into view. The walk to the kitchen was quiet, but when we got there, the questions started spilling.

"What happened? Did you guys kiss? Why was she all over you like that? Why the hell did you let it happen?" He looked at me with wife eyes before chuckling. "Chill man. One question at a time."

"Just answer." "Ok."

"What happened, well, she came onto me. I was at the end of the hallway minding my own business when she came up to me and grabbed my junk, being a guy, I like it. So we got a room and were about to do it when you walked in. So yeah, we kissed. Yeah, she was all over me. And lastly yeah, I let it happen and I shouldn't have to answer why." I stare at him as the words drain. I don't believe it. It's not true. I know it isn't.

"Ok, I want you to answer that again sept tell the true," some thing in his face changes, maybe the color, or the cocky look he had. "Fine," a sigh of relief kind of washed over me. Here comes the truth.

"She came up to me crying, saying she didn't want to be with you and she didn't know what to do. I decided to take her some where more private to talk about it. We went into the bed room, one thing led to another and I guess I was pulling at her heart strings. We started making out then you came in, ruining it."

I just wasn't convinced. "Taylor, I swear if you won't stop fucking with-" "Shawn, I'm telling the truth. I don't know what else you want from me." I didn't say anything. I just let him get up and leave. I mean, what could I do? I now know the truth.

And it hurts like hell.