30

"I went to a party and-" "You went to a party! Did you drink?" I huff loudly. "Mom, please let me get to the point. And no I didn't drink. Well water but not like, okay you get it." I take a step towards my mom and the awkward feeling Shawn. "This guy was high, or drunk, I don't know. And he tried to," I couldn't even finish the sentence.

The memories came flooding back and I felt my body tighten. The room felt as if it was beginning to spin. "What Josie? Don't just stop mid sentence!" My mom said, her voice slightly raising. Shawn seems to know what's happening, recognizing the behavior from earlier.

He runs to me, his arms not hesitating to wrap around me. "What the hell?" My mom questions. "She's having a panic attack," Shawn informs her, trying to get my mom to shut the fuck up for at least 5 seconds. "She did this all the time when she was younger, it's an act." "Did you ever take her to the doctor? Did a doctor say it was an act or did you?"

My mother stays silent.

"Your daughter almost got raped by a complete stranger. I saved her. Now please get out cause you're not helping her state at all right now." Shawn's arms wrap around me tighter. He leans against my wall, pulling me onto his warm lap.

"Breath Josie, breath..." his hand rubs up and down my trembling back. But nothing seems to help. "Look at me," he says. I do so, my scared brown eyes melting at the sight of his brown sparkling eyes.

Shawn scans my face, taking in the terrified look on it. He leans down quickly, locking his soft lips on mine. At first I don't kiss back, shocked at what's happening. Then I do, my lips moving in synch with his.

My body stops trembling and begins to loosen. The room stops spinning, and I feel at ease. He pulls away, we both let out a breath. "Why did you do that?" I ask. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, I'm just, surprised. "I couldn't help myself." A huge smile spreads across my face, and I can't even stop myself from grasping the back of his head with my hand, pulling him down to kiss me once again.

I keep my lips locked with his when I completely sit up so I'm facing him better. My arm wrap around his neck, playing with his thick locks. His hands grip my waist as his thumbs draw small circles on my waist as well.

Shawn moves his hands to the small of my back, pulling my closer to him as much as he can. There's a faint nick at my door, making us both pull away and me slide off his lap. My mom slowly opens the door, her eyes immediately meeting mine. "I'm going out with some friends..." she trails off.

Does she even care that I almost got raped? Or that I just had a panic attack?

I don't say a thing, instead I stand up and slam my bedroom door in her face. "Damn," Shawn mumbles.

I then run over to my window, watching as my mom stomps to her car a drives off. "Are you hungry?" I ask, trying to avert the topic of my bipolar mother. "Uh, yeah."

We head down stairs, searching through cabinets. Shawn just gets some muffins, while I settle on an apple. We make small talk. He mainly asks how I deal with my mother; which I can't answer because I honestly don't know. Shawn crumbles up the plastic muffin bag and throws it in the trash, and I throw away the remains of my apple.

"Are we not going to talk about the kiss?" I question. Since he was trying to make conversation earlier I thought he would bring up the fact we heavily made out. But no that didn't come up.

"There's nothing to talk about. We kissed. It was great." I knit my eyes brows together while he continues, "and we could go up to your room and continue if you're down." I feel my knees get weak at the thought. "Okay," I mumble.

I feel like a 5 year old when he grabs my hand and pulls me up the stairs, giggles escaping both of our mouth. I fall flat on my bed, back sinking into the soft mattress. Shawn hand grabs ahold of both of my wrists, moving them to be held about my head before locking our lips once again.

The tension between us is different. Like every moment we weren't together just made the craving for each others touch even stronger.

I'm beyond confused at our current state of mind.

•••

Yep that's right, I'm alive. And I didn't proof read cause I'm a lazy fuck :)))