Chapter 12 - Jewel

I sighed softly, resting my head on my husband's shoulder. My husband was busy reading the newspaper as I looked off towards the forest. We were waiting for our son to come back. He said he was heading off for his usual forest walk, but he was taking a little bit longer than usual. I'm sure he was probably just enjoying the sunshine. My husband set the paper down beside him and turned his head just enough to kiss the top of mine. I smiled up at him and planted a kiss on his lips. He kissed back. They were so soft and sweet to me. I love him. I rested my head back on his shoulder.

Soon enough, our son came back into the clearing from the forest, but this time, something was different. There was a girl. A very beautiful girl. She had the prettiest face and hair. Her hair swayed gently in the soft breezes of the forest. He held hands with her, smiling as he looked over at her. He approached us, both of them with smiles on their faces.

"Jude? Who's this beautiful girl?" I asked with a sweet tone, smiling over at her.

She blushed, looking down at the ground.

He smiled over at her before he looked back up at us.

"She's my new girlfriend, mom." He looked over at his father," Dad. Isn't she lovely?"

He was smiling both at me and my husband. My husband smiled softly and nodded approvingly. I smiled wider, happy that he had found a nice girl in this place.

"Congratulations, you two."

They both thanked me and he walked her inside the house. I smiled softly as I looked over at my husband. He smiled softly back. Then, he kissed me. I kissed back.

What a beautiful day.