Chapter 22 - Avalon

I had left Jude's house not too long ago. I had the best time there. We made out on his bed, but nothing more than that. We also talked about life. He showed me his stuff in his room. Told me life stories. Told me what everything meant. What everything meant, in his room. He had a very nice room, too. Pretty cool. Very nice. The walls were the perfect jade. The carpet was soft. It was a nice color as well. It was white. It's a wonder how it is not dirty. It's white. He had a fluffy leaf rug on the carpet as well. His bed was a teal blue color. The colors in his room complimented each other. His room was cool colors. Mine was warm. Basically his room consisted of greens, blues, and whites. Mine was reds, oranges, yellows, and pinks. Maybe a little brown. I liked the way we contrasted.

I walked a long, calming walk home. Down the trail. The leafy trail. There was a soft, cool breeze that rang through the trees. The leaves were also warm colors. It was pretty. I sang a song while walking through. Soft humming. It was a nice song. He showed me some of his music, too. I'm singing one of those songs. Of course I was. I loved him.

The house appeared into view. I saw the features of the house in the distance. A nice condo. Well, that's what my dad calls it. This place has a lot of glass. I liked that. You could see the forest from inside. It was nice. I never wanted to leave. I was hoping we never had to. And if we do, I'd be sad. I wouldn't want to leave. Not now. Not ever. But if I had to, I would probably fall into a state of depression. And I wouldn't be able to help it.

I walked towards the glass slide doors among the vast patio. I saw Cadby and Dakota sitting on the couch inside. I didn't see Blue. I walked in and towards the two younger siblings. They stopped talking and looked towards me.

"Hey Avalon," they said in unison.

"Where's Blue?" I asked, looking around the room before I looked back at them.

"Right.. You were gone." Cadby said, looking at Dakota.

"Basically, Blue went to go see Gale." Dakota finished.

I froze.

Gale.

Gale??

As in.. my brother, Gale??

He's been gone for years. I already know why. I'm not surprised Blue had gone to see him. You couldn't blame him either. They were close. Very close. Close as if they were long, lost lovers. Star crossed lovers. The Titanic drama. But they weren't intimate. God, no. The least they did was occasional kisses on the head and lots of hugs. That's about it.

"Okay.." I said, looking out the door.

Hopefully they'll be home soon.