Chapter 10 - Eudora

I sighed, wondering when my husband was coming back. I left the city and went back home about an hour ago. He had told me that he had gone to see Gale. I wish I knew what was wrong with him. It seems there are multiple things wrong. One was his personality. He has always been such an aggressive boy, but I never thought it would turn out this bad. I missed the little version of Gale. I mean, he was still a little violent, with his fake weapons and what not, but he was still my cute little boy. There was nothing really wrong with him at that time, he was just being a boy. Boys always love those kinds of toys: Water or nerf guns, airplanes, cars, boats, etc.. There was nothing new about that. Cadby used to play with them until he moved on to playing with Dakota. Now he seems out of it.

My husband pulled into the driveway of our house. I was standing on the front porch, with folded arms and a patient smile. I wanted to hear how it went. I wondered if he had changed at all since the last time that we were there. My husband got out of the car and walked over to me. He kissed me on the cheek and asked me how my day was.

"It was lovely, but I'm more concerned about your trip to see Gale. How was he? How did it go? Has he.. Changed at all?"

My husband drew in a short breath before looking me in the eye.

"He hasn't changed much. That's no surprise, right? .. He is still as aggressive as he was when we went to see him last time."

I sighed softly, looking off into the distance towards the forest.

I wished he would get better.

Forest had basically read my mind, "Hopefully soon, Honey."

He held me softly in his arms as we walked into the house together.