Chapter 23 - Blue

It was a long drive.

I looked around me. We took a drive through the city. It was very beautiful. But.. I loved my home. It was even more beautiful. Plus, my girlfriend, Lyric. I love going to see her every day or so. She was amazing. I miss her. I haven't seen her since yesterday. I want to go see her. But not today. I wouldn't have time. Plus I need a break. I had just gone to see my brother. Emotionally draining. I miss him, too.

I miss home, too.

I watched the other cars drive by ours. I watched as we drove past millions of buildings. It was a big city. The sun started to go down. It was a beautiful sight, too. I stared out the window the whole drive. The drive was quiet. Very quiet. Awkwardly quiet. I wanted to go see him.

I wanted to make sure that he was okay.

I knew they were concerned for me. But that was my closest brother. Me and Cadby aren't close. Not really at least. He was only close with Dakota. Those two were made for each other. So was I with Avalon. We're twins, afterall. We both compliment each other. The only difference is that she likes green. I like blue.

We continued driving. There were a lot of pretty sights. But nothing compares to the forest that I live in now. My mom looks back at me with a concerned look on her face.

"Blue.. Honey, are you alright?"

"I'm just worried about him, mom. That's all, I'm fine." I answered plainly in a voice that sounded like I was okay.

"I know you are, Darling. We are too. We're trying to make him better and pull him back into our family again.." She finished off, looking at dad as he made the next comment.

"It's what's best for him and the family."

I looked out the window again. It seems like we are getting closer to the edge now. The edge where we lift off back into the forest. It was a long beautiful drive. But we were about to be home. Home where I belonged. The only time I leave home is when we go somewhere important. I count everything in the forest as my home. I've been wandering the same grounds for years. I have never gotten tired of it. I even found a lake we would just chill by. I think I'll bring Lyric there tomorrow. Should be fun. Very fun. Fun, fun, fun. I miss her though. Everything about her. Her smell. Her eyes. Her hair. Her face. Her smile. Her laugh. Her voice. Her whole entirety.

She was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Besides my twin sister, Avalon, of course. I'm not surprised that Jude took a liking to her. I would've, too. But it's not like I can date my sister. Why would I do that? I love her almost as much as a relationship. She is the closest to me. We've kissed, but only with cheeks. Sometimes foreheads. But that's the extent. She deserves her boyfriend, Jude, more than anyone else. They were perfect for each other. Same as I and Lyric. I hope we never leave this place. Both houses are in walking distance. Perfect for me and Avalon. We need this. We need the forest.

We entered the forest roadway, driving back home. That's when I smiled. Everything was still beautiful. Since it was in the middle of fall, some of the trees were orange and yellow, with some reds. Of course there were a lot of green trees as well, considering it was a pine forest. It was a beautiful sight. The ground was covered in leaves. The ground colors were also consistent with the warm colors. I watched every detail that went into the forest as we drove by everything. It was amazing. I'm glad I lived here. I feel that if I lived anywhere else, it wouldn't be this great,

We were getting closer now.

Closer to home.

Closer to where I belong.

The forest.

My home.