Chapter 17 - Oliver

I walked out the door and breathed a heavy sigh. I was really tired of Petra. She was the most annoying girl I knew. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked down the wooden stairs. I headed out onto the golden-dusted trail in front of me, walking out into the colored palette forest. My mind was set on that brat of a sister. She was the gossip girl of the whole household. Whenever I did something that she didn't approve of or like, she would always say something to me or just.. Be flat out rude. And then she would get on the phone and tell her friends about it. She would even spread her makeup pallets and whatnot all over the table.

She always gave me the smallest space possible while she has all this room. She is always complaining about something. Mostly about me, or the TV being loud or just me sitting there. Any little thing bothered her and it always got on everyone's nerves. I have a zero tolerance level for her and I get mad or annoyed pretty easily. Meanwhile, Lyric has more patience than everyone in the house. Even higher than mom, who is pretty patient. Lyric is like a song with the most beautiful melody. Her harmony is in sync as well with her melody. She is like a song you don't want to take off repeat. This is what Blue had said too. We both agreed on the same things when it comes to my sister. It just seems natural.

I walked along the leaf trail, leaves scattered about my feet, making crunching noises every time I stepped down. Petals floated by me, landing about me. Some landed in my hair. I smiled softly. It was better out here. By myself in the peace of the forest. I breathed in deep and smelled the fresh air. I didn't want to ever leave here.

It was peaceful.

"Oliver!"

A voice that sounded like a song playing out loud.

I turned around and smiled when I saw Lyric running after me. The beautiful song was coming to me. The melody I heard in my ears got louder as she came closer. She has the best vibe out of the entire household. When I'm around Petra, it was the song of nightmares. I hated being around her. Her salt was too much for my mellow pepper.

"Hey, Lyric."

She smiled up at me. Her beautiful smile sparkled in the soft sun that set upon her, her green eyes sparkling as well. Her hair flew gently in the soft breeze, some petals even attaching themselves to her. Her feet delicately stepped on the soft golden-brown trail, soft crunching followed beneath her feet. A butterfly flew by and landed on her nose. It was a beautiful sight so I took a picture. It made a great photo. I smiled and put the phone back into my pocket. I rarely used it. I mostly used it for photography. It was my passion. I mostly took pictures of her and sent them to Blue. He would always enjoy them.

"Haha, that tickles!"

The butterfly had finally taken flight. She had scratched softly at her freckled nose, laughing softly. The butterfly had flown off, soaring through the soft breeze as it landed on a flower. I took another picture. I haven't seen a butterfly in ages. I was happy I got to see this one. Lyric was the only girl in our family who had freckles. It suited her perfectly. We walked deeper into the forest together, disappearing into the golden sunlight.