Chapter 5 - Dakota

"Cadby! I'm coming for you!"

We were playing a game of hide and seek. I was the seeker. He was usually a good hider since he's small. He can hide in good places. They're just harder to find for me since I'm so big.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!!" I say, running around the house and opening everything that had a door.

I looked out the window that was in the room I was. I saw the beautiful outline of the forest. I hope he didn't go outside; he would be harder to find. I ran around some more. I opened everything that had a door. I must find him.

I must find him.

I looked in all the cabinets and closets in the hallway. I checked all the bedrooms and bathrooms. I looked in all the closets. I looked in between each of the clothes. I still haven't found him. He's a good hider. He always changes up his hiding spot. I think I should check the kitchen. He's probably hiding in one of the cabinets or under the table.

I ran into the kitchen. I had a suspicion that he was in here. I looked in the fridge. I looked in the freezer. I don't know why he would be in there, but you wanna check just in case. Cadby was a very interesting kid.

"Cadby!! Imma get you!!"

I checked the cabinets. I opened the one under the kitchen sink. It was one of the dirtiest places. He would hide here, too. I opened the cabinet and found him curled up in a ball, smiling up at me.

"Wow, Cadby. I can't believe you would hide in such a dirty place like that."

He just shrugged.

He rolled out and stood up.

"How long did that take ya, Dakota? An hour or two?"

I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arm around his neck, giving him a knuckle to the head.

"Oh shush, Cadby. Well, if you were me and I was you, would it still be that easy?"

He laughed and looked up at me.

"Probably. Knowing how you are, I doubt you'd be that smart and hide in such a filthy place, you girl."

I gawked at him.

"What you mean by that? That I can't hide as well as you, 'cause I'm a girl?"

He laughed and nodded his head.

"Why you.. I'll show ya. One of these days. Just you wait n' see."

He looked at me in amusement.

"Aight Dakota. Whatever you say."

I glared at him.

"Why you.."

He ran off. I chased after him.

"I'll get cha! C'mere!"

He giggled and continued to run.

He's a weird kid. He's pretty cool though. He's just sometimes a pina in the butt. He can sometimes be discriminate, too. He likes to joke around a lot, too. He constantly jokes around with me.

I was his only playmate.

I chased after him. I wonder where everyone else went. Blue went to see Lyric. Avalon is wandering the forest again. Mom and dad are probably at work. Me and Cadby are the only ones in the house. I ran after him. I then began to get hungry. I stopped.