Chapter 19 - Blue

It was time.

It was finally time.

It was time to go see Gale again.

I'm kind of anxious. Nervous. Happy, excited. There was too many words to explain how I was feeling at this moment. I really wanted to see him. It's been years since the last time I saw him. I was desperate to see him again. I really, really wanted to. My parents were on their way back to the house from the forest. They had gone on a long non-stressful walk. It was something that they both needed. I just chilled in my room and thought about life. I thought about the moment I'll actually get to go see him.

I was excited.

I was also thinking about the things that could possibly happen upon meeting him. I'm really hoping he isn't hostile towards me. I would hate to lose a best friend. A best friend I've always had. One that I've always looked up to. I walked down the hallway and into the living room, where I saw Cadby and Dakota looking out the window. I looked too and saw them walking back. I overheard what they were talking about. They were mentioning Gale. I guess they figured it out. But they aren't acting like me. I don't think they care enough. I watched mom and dad walking into the front door and looking at me. I nodded back at them, acknowledging them. My mom half smiled and my father did the same. I could tell what they were feeling.

They were afraid.

I walked out the front door with them, gathering my favorite hoodie with me. The one that Gale had given me. A long time ago. It was a blue color, one of my favorite colors. The shade of blue was called Prussian Blue. The hoodie looked good on me. I think I am going to dye my hair blue. I think it would look better on me. I'll have to ask mom. Maybe I can get it dyed today. I hope so. I am going to dye my hair the same color as my sweater. I think it'll look pretty great.

We got in the car and I sat in the back seat, buckling my seat belt. I looked out the car window at all the scenery. It was beautiful. I will come back to this, soon. I just need to see him. To see Gale. That is top priority. Even mom could tell ya. Even mom could. Dad too. I sighed. They started the car and drove off. I continued to look out the car window, not saying a word. I couldn't seem to. Couldn't at all. I liked it better quiet.

I really did.

We were silent the whole way to the city. I don't remember ever being in a city. I was astonished. I liked the sights around me, too. Everywhere was beautiful. Not as beautiful as Lyric, though. She is the song that flows beautifully through my atmosphere. Nothing could match her. She would stick out here easily and everything around her would shine with her. She was beautiful. She glows. I noticed mom looking worriedly back at me through the top mirror of the car. She was worried. She was worried something bad would happen to me because of Gale. I may not have seen him like ever, but.. He was still my best friend. I've known him ever since he started going haywire. Except he never hurt me.

He never will.

I thought of Lyric again. The thought of her just drives me wild. I miss her now, too. I just want to hug her and hold her in my arms. But that will have to be later. I have to see my brother.

My beloved, Lyric.

I will see you soon.

I promise.

We pulled into some sort of driveway that led on a forest trail. Kind of like my home, but more dark and isolated. The bright city ended there. I sighed. Driving through here didn't feel right. But I felt curious. I was curious. I wanted to see what would happen here.