Chapter 15 - Blue

I had left Lyric's house.

I was walking down the trail through the forest. I had missed her. I was walking with Avalon. Avalon had just left her boyfriend's house, too. They were both beautiful women. Lyric. Every time I heard that name, I'd think of a song. Every time I saw her, I was reminded of music. Her name, her voice. Sounds like a song. A song that I never want to take off repeat. I want to leave it on repeat all the time. She was always that way. Always that one song.. That you never.. Ever.. want to take off repeat.

Avalon was like that, too.

The trees were beautiful around me. Leaves were floating down like a melody, like in a song. It floated down around Avalon's feet. Petals had floated by, landing in her hair. It added to her beauty. Her hair flown in the soft breeze and her eyes sparkled in the soft sun. It reminded me of Lyric. Lyric would look beautiful in this scenery. The wind in her hair. The sun making her eyes sparkle. The leaves swirling around her like paper airplanes on a breezy morning. Everything around me was perfect. Even Lyric. My favorite song.

I looked back.

The trail had left me now, as if it had poofed from thin air. I looked to the left of me. There was a river. A river that was flowing through the woods. The river sparkled in the sun. Just like Lyric's eyes. Just like her mother's eyes. She was beautiful like this river. The river sparkled as it flowed down, bringing leaves and petals with it. It floated over the petals that lay on the bottom of the riverbed. I looked back at Avalon.

I smiled.

We had found the trail again. The glistening trail covered in leaves and petals that were crunching beneath our feet. The flowers and leaves lay alongside the trail. The trail lead right to our house. We walked up the wooden stairs. I opened the door for Avalon, letting her in as I closed the door behind her. I walked into the house and headed towards the kitchen. I overheard a familiar name.

Gale.

"Gale?"

I walked into the kitchen, where my parents had stopped talking to look at me. I walked in slowly, looking up at both of them. They looked at each other sympathetically before looking back at me. They could feel and see how I felt. How I felt about hearing that name again.

Gale.

My brother..

"Blue.."

I looked down at the ground.

Gale..

The brother who understood me. My friend. I looked back. I looked back at the photos on the wall. They hung there. One of them a group photo. A photo of us when we were little. Of all of us. There he was. Gale. Standing there, smiling. Smiling next to me. Next to Avalon. Next to Cadby, Dakota. There he was. Smiling. The Gale I knew. Before everything happened. He was closer with me than anyone else. But he changed. He became more violent. He was never violent to me, though. His behavior just changed. He acted different. Different than the Gale I knew. Gale..

We were heartbroken when it came to this. These changes changed him. Not only did it change him, but it changed us, too. It changed his life. It broke my heart to see him change. Change from the Gale I knew. Gale. It broke our hearts to see him being taken away. Taken away by the police. Things have gotten out of control. There was no changing it. He was different. Different from what I have known. And what have grown to know. Things were harder now. They have five children. Now they have four.

"We went to see Gale today.. And I do not think he will get any better from this point, Blue. We really hope so, bud."

I looked up at them. He didn't seem to love his parents anymore. Hatred began to grow out of the blue. Blue. He never fought with me though. We were close. He was different. There was a difference between the way he treated me and how he acted. He turned hostile. But he never hurt me. He was different to me than anybody else. Hostility has shown itself in front of the police. The dark chuckles. Only I knew. That wasn't him. That was not.. Him.

That wasn't Gale.

They both looked at each other before looking back at me. They had a look of sorrow. They felt sorry for me, I could feel it.

"Blue, I'm so sorry."

She had said it.

But that wouldn't change anything. I would still feel this way. It will never change. It will never get better. The Gale I knew... Had to come back. But it might not. It should. Wouldn't everyone be happier if it did?

"Blue.."

I had thought about it. I became desperate. I wanted to see him.

"Can I go see him?"

It had blurted out.

It was almost like a yell, but not quite. I was desperate. More desperate than anyone else. He was close to me. I've been apart from him for years. I want to go see him. See how he is.. See what has changed.. See what he looks like now.. See how he acts. I want to see if the Gale I knew was still going to be there. I could feel doubt in my gut, but I was determined. I was desperate to see him.

I have to see him.

My parents looked at each other in hesitation and doubt. They didn't want me to go see him. I knew why. They didn't want me near him. They didn't want to see how he would treat me. They didn't trust him around me. They didn't want him to hurt me. But I trusted Gale. He had never hurt me. Not now and not ever. He never laid a finger on me. It was always gentle touches. He had loved me more than anyone else. He hates everyone now. But I doubt he hates me.

They hesitated, before my mother turned back to me and said: "I suppose we could let him go see his brother. It's been forever and he misses him."

I felt a bit of hope inside me begin to blossom. I was going to see my brother. I was finally going to see Gale. I wanted to. I was desperate.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt."

"What time?" She asked, looking at my dad.

"Later today.. Okay, Blue?" My dad said, looking over at me with a half smile.

He had said it.

I nodded, smiling on the inside. I was going to see Gale. I was going to see him today. I finally get to see him. It's been forever. I could feel slight nerves, though.

Gale.

I am coming to see you.