Hello Stranger

"How is everyone enjoying their meals?" Y/n made her rounds at her restaurant, making sure her customers were satisfied. Today was the grand opening of Caf'Fiend and Y/n made sure her customers knew her face. The place was packed, her hostesses and wait staff kept smiles plastered on their faces as they did their best to accommodate everyone. She made a mental note to do something special for them after this hectic day. They deserved it. Y/n kept watching the door as people pooled in and out, greeting those that her two hostesses missed due to the rush.

            After mingling with a few more patrons, she went to the kitchen o check on her chefs.

"Ya'll good?" She smiled at them, watching them cut and season and deep fry food.

They all gave reassurance that everything was running smoothly. Y/n  praised them for their work then returned to the dining area to build more rapport and help out where she could. Although this was her restaurant, she didn't want to just sit around and manage everyone else. Y/n was a very hands on person who rarely ever sat still. She noticed the service slowing down so she grabbed a pen and pad and began taking orders and bussing tables. She made her way to a table where a man hadn't been helped.

"Hey, love! Welcome to Caf'Fiend. I'm the owner Y/n and I'll be serving you today." She finally looked towards him with a smile. Y/n stared at him for a few seconds with the same smile plastered on her face, only it no longer reached her eyes. She suddenly became overwhelmed with multiple emotions as he smirked up at her.

 She suddenly became overwhelmed with multiple emotions as he smirked up at her

"Well I feel special. Hi Y/n. How you been?" His smirk spread to a full smile as he took in her appearance; a form fitting red dress that stopped just above her knees; black heels, and a black blazer to give her a more professional look. She wore her hair in a perfect bantu knot-out, much different from the pixie cute she used to sport. He liked it.

"Woody...hi. I've been um...I've been good. Wow." Y/n was at a loss for words. She hadn't seen him since college. He was always her big "What if". She had strong feelings for him but she was never able to tell him so. He'd had a girlfriend for as long as she could remember and by the time he was single, he had dropped out of school and moved out of Florida. They lost touch after a year or two. The last memory Y/n had of him was them sitting in her campus apartment while he vented about his girlfriend at the time. He had gotten drunk after arguing with her and showed up at Y/n's door as he usually did. Woody told Y/n he considered her a good friend and someone he could easily talk to and although she appreciated that, Y/n desperately wanted more.

"That's good. Glad to hear it." He beamed, resting his hands on the table. Y/n gave an uneasy smile. She had butterflies in her stomach.

"Excuse me! Miss!" Another customer yelled from across the room. Y/n immediately snapped back into business mode.

"I'll be with you in just a minute!" Y/n politely responded with a smile.

"Well what can I get you? Everything's good on the menu."