The Sober Up

------------------------------------

The constant buzzing of her phone took Y/n's attention away from her tv. It was 2:30 in the morning and although she should've been asleep, she was up watching reruns of A Different World. 

"It's too damn late for shenanigans." She said to herself as she looked at her caller ID. Her friend Woody was facetiming her. She wasn't surprised. Woody always was a night owl. He told her these were the best hours to get creative. She hadn't spoken to him in a few days so she decided to answer.

"Waddup- whoa back up, you too close." Y/n laughed seeing nothing but nostrils and lips in her camera.

"My fault, my fault

"My fault, my fault." He slurred. Y/n squinted trying to figure out if he really was drunk like she suspected.

"You up?" He grinned in the camera. This nigga. Y/n put the phone down in her lap and rolled her eyes.

"Nah bruh, I'm talkin' in my sleep right now." Woody's face scrunched up in confusion.

"Woody I'm up! And you're drunk...obviously." She laughed.

Nuh uh." He dramatically shook his head, almost hitting his head on the car door of whatever Uber he must have been in.

"Where you at? You better be goin' home with your unsober ass." Y/n half-heartedly scolded. She knew Woody was responsible but she still worried about him. She cared about him and he cared about her. They took care of each other.

"Ha! That's not a word....aaaand I'm coming to YO' house."

"For what?" Y/n folded her arms.

"To get some...some food. I ain't got no uh...no food at my house and I'm hungry....please?" Woody's eyes were low as he stumbled through his sentence. Y/n shook her head as she watched her friend lean his head back in the seat.

"Fine."

"Beeeeet, biiiih." He slurred again, smiling in the camera.

"I'm on my way." He reassured her.

"Ok." Y/n nodded.

"....in like 5 minutes." He said.

"Alright." Y/n started to hang up.

"I'm coming, ok?"

"Woody! Shut up and hang up!" Y/n laughed before ending the call. She got up and went to the kitchen to heat up some leftovers for him; something heavy and greasy to soak up the alcohol. She had some leftover chili cheese fries and fried chicken. It was her favorite when she got drunk so it should suffice her friend just fine. She knew the routine; it didn't happen often but when Woody got drunk, he was at her door, being all emotional and touchy feely. If she was completely honest, it was cute yet irritating. However, she tolerated his drunken stupor because, in return, he tolerated hers.