Intruder

Oh hey! Long time, no see! Ha! Second update in less than 24 hours! I'm on FIYAH! lol. Check out the new update in my imagines book: DeVante's InHERmission too.
K, I love you, bye bye 👋🏽 😘

For the 5th night in a row, Y/n tossed and turned in her queen sized bed while her dog, Sweeney slept peacefully at her feet. She had done some thinking and she concluded that her insomnia could be due to one of three reasons: one, she was stressing too much about work; two, she was sexually frustrated and in dyer need of intimacy; or three, her new house was two damn big and it continued to creep her out– even though she had been living in it for two months now. It's wasn't her first choice for homes. The Victorian style house seemed to give off it's own unique yet eerie aura but she'd inherited it from her great grandmother when she passed away and as long as it was paid for, she was staying in it. Y/n  had done quite a bit of redecorating and it looked brighter and more modern which eased it's Stephen King feel but it was still big and... she was still alone.

She usually worked over time at her job to avoid having to be in the house too long by herself. However, she was forced to use some of her vacation days by her overbearing boss, Gale. Gale never meant any harm when she made suggestions but Y/n definitely took offense three days ago when Gale insisted that Y/n take a few days to relax and explore. She basically told her to take a week off, get some dick then get back to her. It wasn't what she said that bothered Y/n, it was how she said it; as if Y/n was some lowly beggar of sexual favors; as if she couldn't get a guy just by walking down the street. Y/n wasn't ugly by any means, she just never got out much and the way her vacation was going, that wasn't changing.

"She make it sound so easy. 'You just need some lovin', Y/n'. Where I'mma get decent dick from, Gale? Where? How? Ya 'one-night stand' havin' ass. I have standards." Y/n mumbled to herself, rolling her eyes.

She sighed as she eased out of bed, pulling her 'Melanin' t-shirt down over her bikini cut underwear. She didn't bother turning a light on– not wanting to be bothered with Sweeney's whining. She tiptoed out of the room and made her way down the hallway towards the stairs. She had nothing better to do besides eat and binge watch shows on Netflix.

As she reached the bottom step, she paused hearing a light thumb from upstairs, in her bedroom. She chuckled just knowing Sweeney was having another racing dream and probably fell off the bed. The dog was goofy as hell which is why she adopted him.

She scanned the contents of her fridge trying to find the perfect snack for a marathon of "Shameless".

Finally grabbing a bowl of fruit, she popped a grape in her mouth and happily shimmied back up the steps. Another thump came from the second floor, only it didn't come from her room. It came from the spare bedroom at the end of the hall. The house was old and it tended to settle every now and again but the hairs standing on the back of her neck told her this, was not that.

Her heart started beating faster as she tiptoed past the closed door and scurried back to her own room to grab her cellphone and call the police. She lost her breath when she saw that her window was wide open, letting in the sounds of helicopters and police sirens. There was no sign of entry and Sweeney was calm but she knows she didn't open that window.

Y/n ran to her night stand to retrieve her cellphone but it was no longer there.

"Fuck fuck fuck. I am not dying like this." She whispered to herself. Se fell to her knees, checking under her bed for her device, hoping it'd fallen down there at some point. Her heart almost stopped when she realized...

"You lookin' for this, princess?" A deep, intimidating voice spoke provoking just the reaction it intended. Y/n sprang to her feet, eyes wild and hands up in surrender.