Keeping Up With the McClains: Blessings on Blessings

^^^^iiiiiit's aaaaaaa zaddyyyyyy

"Eniya , are you dressed?!" Y/n yelled from the bathroom as she finished applying her make-up.  Today, was the day of the NAACP Image Awards and Woody was nominated for the category of Entertainer of the Year. He was as happy as a kid in a candy store and Y/n couldn't have been prouder to see her husband up against such people as Jay-Z. The man was a force to be reckoned with even at his age and Woody was competing with him. He was a triple threat in the Entertainment industry and he was finally getting his much deserved recognition.

"Yes But mommy, Eli won't put his socks on!" The 8-year old yelled back. Y/n sighed and dropped her head before looking over at EJ who'd been watching her get ready. He jumped down from the bathroom sink and looked at his mom in the mirror.

"I'll go help, mommy." He offered before scurrying our of the bathroom.

"Don't mess up your clothes!"

Y/n checked the time on her phone and looked herself over before going to put her shoes on. 4:15pm. Woody would be there in a few minutes to pick them up and she was staring to get nervous. This would be her first time on the red carpet flaunting a pregnant belly and she was feeling somewhat self conscious. Woody told her she shouldn't  go– being that she was so close to her due date but she insisted they all be there. She'd only missed two red carpet events but she refused to miss this one.  Y/n had a feeling they'd be bringing home that silver statue again and she didn't want to miss his joyous moment. Woody won an Image Award a few years back and the smile on his face lit up the whole venue.

"You cute pregnant, girl." She winked at herself in the mirror and smirked, flaring out the tiered, chiffon fabric of her dress. In true L.A.fashion it was a comfy 78 degrees in January and Y/n's dress ensured that she wouldn't be sweating like an animal in heat. The Ivory layers cascaded over her large belly giving the illusion that it was slightly smaller than it actually was. It made her feel a little bit better about being in front of cameras, knowing they added ten pounds. Then again...

"What's anther ten pounds to the thirty-five I already gained?" She shrugged before slipping her slightly swollen feet into a pair of Burgundy, embellished flats. Y/n enjoyed being pregnant for the fourth time but if there was one thing she whole-heartedly despised, it was all the swelling in her last trimester. She had no idea it was possible to feel ugly and pretty at the same time until she was pregnant for the first time.

"Ok, so listen.."She started rubbing her belly to calm to tumbling twins in her uterus.

"I need ya'll to chill with the parkour in there today okay? This is daddy's day and we want him to be happy but see..." She patted the left side of her belly and cringed in discomfort as a tiny foot kicked out.

"See, if you're doing back flips on my bladder and ninja kicking my stomach, I won't be happy. And when I'm not happy, nobody can be happy, ya feel me?" She spoke sweetly, massaging her belly. Y/n knew the twins couldn't understand her but she had to humor herself. She just hoped they'd get tired and fall asleep during the event.

"Yo! Everybody ready!?" She heard Woody yell from downstairs. She grabbed her matching clutch and the "keep quiet" bag she'd packed for the kids before turning off the bedroom light and walking out into the hallway to find her children racing out of Eniya's bedroom. Y/n managed to stop them at the top of the stairs and straighten up their outfits.

"Yep! And we look GOOD!" Y/n boasted as they all posed on the landing. Woody gave a toothy smile and shook his head.

"Oooooo WEE! Lookin' like new money! Casket shawp." He complimented letting his southern accent seep into his words.