1

"Alright, children" Ms. Doris said, with a clap of her hands "we are going to have a very special guest arrive in a few hours, I want you all to dress in your nicest clothes and be on your best behavior"

One of the boys standing next to me raised his hand,

"Yes, Jansen?" Ms. Doris asked

"What's their name?" he asked

"His name is Jeffrey" she replied with a smile "he's a very popular man. Off you go"

Everyone walked away to their rooms, beginning to change into their nice clothes, but Ms. Doris pulled me aside, bending her knees slightly to come at eye level with me.

"Don't feel bad if he doesn't pick you" she said softly "try to talk him"

With that, she walked off, causing me to roll my eyes and head up to my room. I may not talk much, but that doesn't mean she has to talk to me like I'm stupid, I'm actually a lot smarter than her when it comes to certain things - like math or other languages, for example. Instead of actually putting on a dress and flats like most girls do, I decided to change my clothes in a pair of gray skinny jeans, a blue short sleeved v-neck and a black button down shirt.

I rolled the sleeves up to my elbows, fixing the collar and adjusting my black rimmed glasses.

They're not those big nerdy glasses, they just look like regular reading glasses. Pretty much like the picture in the media.

"Why don't you dress like a normal girl?" One of the girls - Anna - asked "that's why no one wants to adopt you. Because you don't act normal, you hardly talk, too"

". . . No such thing as normal" I said, tying my clean black/white converse

Brushing past her, I walked in the bathroom and took off my glasses, setting them on the counter and reapplied my black eyeliner, tying my waist length raven hair into a side braid, to where it rests over my left shoulder. I left my angled bangs alone, except for tucking the longer strands behind my right ear. Applying some strawberry Chapstick, I put my glasses back on and headed downstairs with the other children.

No one here really talks to me and I don't talk to them. I actually hardly ever speak, not since I've gotten here when I was five.

.
.
.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan's POV

.
.
.

I've wanted to adopt a kid for a while, but I've never really had the time to visit any orphanages because of Supernatural. It also makes my decision more solid because of Jared and Misha having kids. But I didn't just want some normal kid, I wanted a kid that was . . . different. But a good different. I don't really care if I choose a boy or a girl, just as long as one of them are cool.

Pulling up to Ms. Doris's Orphanage, I parked and shut off my car, getting out and pushing up my black rimmed glasses with my middle finger. Shutting the door, I walked up to the front door and knocked, waiting a few minutes before it opened. A woman answered the door, a perky smile on her face, her lips caked in red and her eyelids caked in blue.

That's just too much

"You must be Jeffrey!" she squealed with a smile "come in! Come in!"

Okay . . . Way too perky.

I walked in the orphanage, looking around and seeing that everything was neat and clean. There were a few pictures on the walls of kids with families, probably other kids that got adopted.

"All of the children are around the house" she continued "I could have them line up if you want?"

"I think I'll talk to them on my own" I replied with a small nod