42

"You're not getting the last pancake" dad said

"Yes, I am" I replied

He was currently sitting in front of me, looking at me dead in the eye as we fought over the last pancake, being that Nik made breakfast; pancakes, eggs, bacon, with orange juice and some strawberries. Since dad and I loved the pancakes, he was about to grab the last one, just as I was going to, and we've been talking like this for the past ten minutes. I watched as he took the pancake and licked it, slapping it back on the plate,

"Ha!" He said proudly

A smirk formed on my lips as I took the pancake and bit into it,

"Ha!" I replied

His smirk fell, obviously not expecting me to do that, my smirk growing as I stood from the stool and grabbed my bag, Nik letting out a chuckle as he grabbed his jacket and followed me to the garage. Dad followed soon after, throwing a playful glare my way, which caused me to smile innocently, my cheeks being stuffed with the pancake, earning a chuckle and a small shake of his head, the three of us getting in the car and heading off to the school. On Sunday, when I was one hundred percent better, I pigged out that morning, fell asleep, then got up and worked out, which kinda surprised dad, not so much Nik. Every calorie that was consumed that morning, was burned off that day, and every time I get sick, something happens to my body right after I feel better- weather it be growing an inch or two, or my eyelashes get longer, or my hair gets thicker.

This time, my eyes got a bit darker. My eyelashes are the same long, black, thick and curled, but with a bit of eyeliner, my eyes look good. When dad pulled up to the school, Nik and I got out, bidding dad a goodbye and heading inside where we met the twins by the locker.

"Peter Ramsey gave Hugh Jackman your number?" Blake asked, earning a nod from me "you lucky ass- butt"

"Why did he call?" his twin asked

"Rise of the Guardians" I replied, grabbing a book from my locker, lowering my voice "they're doing a sequel, and the producers wanted to try something different"

"Different how?" They asked in unison

"Kinda like picking candidates for a spot on Kingsman" I answered "the current actors are going to pick one person, and I guess Mr. Jackman wants me as his candidate" closing my locker, spinning the dial "we're meeting on Friday so see"

While we were talking about the whole thing, we made our way through the halls, in the direction of the library, not having first period, only periods two through five, a familiar face walked up to us, along with her clique of three other girls,

"Hey, Kira" she greeted with a smile "the girls and I were wondering if you three wanted to hang out after school today"

"Sorry, we have stuff to do" Blake replied "rehearsals and all"

"We could come watch" one of the girls said with a smile "especially with the assembly coming up next week"

"Can't have any distractions" Jake replied with a small shrug "plus, our schedules are booked for a while, there's no way we'd be able to fit you in"

"Seven years" I said to them "seven years and nothing. Ignoring me, acting as if I didn't exist in your world, and now that I have one of my own, you want to be friends with me because I have new things and designer dresses and money. Like I said last school year, no thanks"

Shrugging slightly, I walked around her, the boys following,

"Wait until my father hears about this!" She exclaimed "he's the principle, you know"