28

Jeffrey Dean Morgan's POV

.
.
.
.

It hurt when she flinched from me, I know it wasn't exactly her intention to but it still hurt. The way she looked at me after she realized what she had done made my heart clench, I hated seeing her like that, just as I hated leaving her alone just to get some sleep of my own. I took in what Nik had said, everything clicking when he said that Kit has PTSD, it made me understand kinda, but it didn't help me, knowing that something was haunting her. When she had showed me the scar on the right ride of her forehead, I wanted to hit something, take my anger out on something and have her not see it, but what had made me even more pissed was the fact that her parents hadn't done that to her, leaving one other person.

Ms. Doris

I was going to make sure to give her a piece of my mind when she came over to check on a few things, maybe even resulting in calling the police and suing her for abuse. For someone that's supposed to take care of a bunch of kids, why would she end up hurting the one I adopted? Shaking my head of those thoughts, I stood up from my sitting position on my bed, putting on some slippers and a shirt, walking out of my room with my phone in the pocket of my plaid sweats. I ran a hand through my messy hair as I walked down the stairs, stopping when I saw Nik's head resting on the left arm of the couch, but no Kita, which caused me to walk the rest of the way down.

Walking in front of the couch, a smile formed on my lips at the sight, causing me to cover my mouth with my hand to prevent a chuckle. Nik was on his back, as was Kita, her back to his front with his right hand grasping her right wrist, which was crossed over her chest. Anita and Snowball were snuggled on her stomach, Nik's left arm dangling off the couch, his hand on Nala's side, who was asleep on the floor. Kita's hair was all over the place, making me wonder how she manages to tame it, since it was a little past her waist now, but they seemed oddly comfortable.

Pulling out my phone, I snapped a quick picture before walking to the kitchen to get breakfast started, knowing it might be a long day. But I was going to do whatever I could to make sure she was happy for the rest of her life, because she's my little girl, and I'm her father.

.
.
.

Kita's POV

.
.
.

A yawn emitted from me as I began to stretch my legs, only to stop when my movements were restricted, causing me to open my eyes, looking around as best as I could with my blurred vision. My right arm was crossed over my chest, which was pinned down by another, suddenly feeling my head slowly rising and falling. Picking up my left arm, I felt around me,

Hair . . . eyes . . . nose?

"Can you let go of my nose?" Nik asked sleepily

"Can you let go of me?" I countered

He let out a small groan, not wanting to get up but he did so anyway, letting me get up and put my glasses on, walking over to the kitchen and punching in my six digit code, opening the patio doors to let Anita, Nala and Snowball out. Dad was making breakfast, I went over to the coffee maker to get it started, grabbing three mugs and setting them side by side, pouring French vanilla in one since they take theirs black. I tied my hair back with a black band, just to get it out of the way for a bit as I poured the coffee in the mugs, grabbing mine and sitting down on the barstool.

"You know the drill, Kit" Nik said as he walked in the kitchen

I let out a disgusted sound when he handed me the pill, popping it in my mouth and washing it down with the coffee, letting him put the brace on my knee. Breakfast had gone by fast, now on our way to pick up the twins and papa Maddox, dad slowed and came to a stop, honking the horn. The four men came out of their house, Jake coming around on my left and Nik climbing in the very back with Dom, letting Blake sit at my right and Jake at my left with papa Maddox in the passenger seat, the lot of us heading to dad's tattoo guy.