wiser (42)

Jimin kissed my forhead, leaving an obvious mark from his lip gloss. I snorted, Tae slapping his thighs in a laughing fit. Hoseok was kicking Jungkook and Yoongi, trying to get them up from the floor.

Everyone was happy, laughing, expect for Jin. His face was puffy, his eyes were sad and the frantic frown never left his face.

I watched as Jimin and Tae began to wrestle, Jimin hissing at the boy. I sighed and got up, ruffling out my uniform.

I skipped to Jin, sitting beside him. He nodded at me, eyeing his feet again. "Is something wrong, Jin?" I stuttered.

Jin looked up at me, his puffy cheeks stained with dried tears. "My daddy..H-He..hurt me- again.." He sobbed.

My heart fluttered, and fell to my stomach. I clenched his uniform jacket, polishing his little sticker that read,

"A+"

I looked him in the eyes, his face glittering in the light of Jungkook's bed side lamp. "Maybe my mommy and daddy can help you?" I smiled.

Jin nodded and smiled a bit. I hopped from the table that Jin sat upon. I heel out my hand, helping him down.

I noticed a trail of bruises on his arm as he undid his jacket and vest. He remained in his undershirt and jeans, along with his adorable blue socks, that my mommy helped me pick out for his birthday.

I frowned and hooked my fingers to Jin's, trailing him out of the room. I made him follow me to where Jungkook's, Taehyung's, Jimin's, and my mother were talking.

I pulled Jin to my side as my mom faced me. "What's up?" My mom sung, her chipper voice ringing in my ear.

I pointed go Jin's arms, neck, where a bruise was ringed around his neck, which looked like hand prints, I even lifted his shirt and pointed to bruises on his chest. "Jinnie is hurt- mom.. His daddy does this to him.." I wiped my eyes.

My mother gasped and pulled Jin to her, the other moms gathering. I could hear the boy's creeps on the stair case as they snooped.

I couldn't tell why was happening until the other boys came over, and we were all pulled into a group hug.

I could see Jin clearly. His face was even more red, and was covered with tears and his trembling lips hanging out.

He wrapped his arm around me, myself doing the same. "No one will hurt you anymore, Jin.."

That was the week before Jin's father got arrested. His mother remarried, and Jin had considered his mom's newer husband his father, neglecting his real father.

Yet the image of fourth grade Jin, bawling, his lips trembling and his eyes scared was imprinted into my mind.

No matter my age, I could remember it. I seemed to remember it more from Jin's current state. He had his arms wrapped around me, bawling, his lips trembling, and his eyes scared.

"I'll never leave you, Jin." I cooed, rubbing his back. I heard Yoongi knock gently at the door, "come in.."

I held Jin on my lap on our bed. His face was pressed against my sweatshirt and he sobbed quietly into it.

"Are you okay, Jin?!" Yoongi screeched, running to the crying boy in my arm.

//AU THANKS FOR READJNG. I GOTTA SLEEP.