10 - You've Got a Friend in Me

Dipper POV
It took me a half hour to get ready. I don't get it, I thought while walking down the stairs, it doesn't usually take me two minutes to get ready let alone 30! I walked into the kitchen in search of a snack to pack for Bill and I, why do I care about this so much? I manage to scrounge up some chopped vegetables and dip. I also take out two pit-colas.
"Where are you going!" Mabel startles me from behind.
"Oh, just out for a walk." I lie hoping she won't care about my whereabouts. 
"No, not looking like that." She gestures to the red plaid and black jeans I chose. "You're going out to see someone. And by the looks of it, it's a date! You even did your hair. You know you're not allowed to date anyone but Pacifica's cousins and Gideon, and if it's one of them I have to know about it." What the hell, now she's gonna watch over me like a babysitter when I just want to leave the house!
"No Mabel it's nothing like that I was just going out to the woods." She looks at me in disappointment.
"Look Dipper, you're gonna start telling the truth or else." Usually I wouldn't want to know what that meant but now I'm curious.
"Or else what?" I say with a little confidence. At this moment Gruncle Stan walks in.
"Or else you're grounded!" She answers with her arms crossed.
"What! You're not in charge of me, you can't do that." I say in disbelief.
"Actually, with you being a little... unstable" I wonder why! "and me being the alpha twin, Gruncle Stan decided to make me in charge of you." Her voice seems cocky now "isn't that right Stan?" Stan grabs a pit-cola out of the fridge and burps as he starts to walk away.
"Yep." He states before walking out the door back to the living room. I think about yelling and screaming at Mabel, but then think about how upset she would be if I did. Her happiness is more important, I guess I'll let her play her little game of house.
"Fine," I finally comply looking to the floor "you see I've been hanging out with some of the tree fairies in the woods and one of them is getting married, they're having a bachelorette party and wanted me to come... As one of the girls." I slowly look up at Mabel. Did she believe it?
"Omg Dipper! That's so cute!" She believed it. I put on my 'little girl' facade, my eyes growing big, my voice soft and sweet, and my body looking like an anime school girl begging for forgiveness.
"May I please go?" I squeak. This isn't necessary but it's better to be sure she won't still be mad.
"Oh, of course you can go!" She practically melted seeing me do that. I know I should be embarrassed right now but my dignity has been long gone for a while now. "Wait," her mood changes back to suspicious "why do you need two pit-colas and snacks then?"
"Well... The snacks are for the party and they're all really small so they can just share a can of cola." I'm not entirely sure that made sense and it doesn't look like she completely believes me, it's time to step it up. I go back to 'little anime girl pose' and manage a few drops of water in my eyes.
"Pretty please, I just wanna have fun wit my friends." I even make myself sound like a little kid. She melts again and pulls me into a hug.
"Yes you can go!" She whispers as she crushes my bones in the hug. "But be home by 9:00 or you're grounded." She goes serious again. Wow, now she's setting a curfew? This is gonna be annoying.
"Yes ma'am, thank you" I say still looking cute. Quickly I run out of the door and into the woods, I did it, I got out!

Sighing in relief, I check my new phone to see that it's exactly time for Bill to show up.
"Hello!" I hear from behind me.
"Hey Bill." I say after turning around. "I brought snacks." He gave a big smile,  and snaps his fingers to make a gazebo filled with cushions appear. He grabs my wrist and drags me inside. "Wow this is really nice" I say looking around as I sit down. My eyes land on Bill who is staring at me intently. "Everything okay?" This is freaking me out.
"PineTree, can I ask you something?" He crosses his legs and leans over the table in between us. I nod hesitantly, where is this going... "When you said we were sorta like friends the other day, did you mean it?"
"Of course I did, why would I lie about that?" I laugh awkwardly.
"Do you think..." He pauses and takes a deep breath "we could be like that, like more?" Hold on what! Does he mean... No he can't!
"What are you trying to say Bill." I raise an eyebrow.
"I... Want to be friends." He looks away and blushes slightly. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, oh he wants to be friends! Few.
"Sure Bill, we can be friends." I smile at him. He looks up in surprise.
"R-really?!" He was expecting me to say no? Jees, how bad does he think I am.
"Yeah, that will make my friend count a total of one!" I giggle.
"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" He scoots around the table and wraps me in a big hug, I can feel my cheeks heat up a little.
"It's alright Bill, how hard did you think it is to make friends?" I gasp not really being able to breathe.
"Well I just thought since I kind of... did a lot of crappy things to you, you would hate me forever." He seemed a little sad, did he feel guilty about that? "If it's not hard to make friends then why don't you have any?" He adds. He just had to go there.
"That's not because I don't know how to make friends." I sigh, still hugging me he looks into my eyes in confusion. "It's because people make fun of me, I don't fit in anywhere so they don't except me." I explain.
"Why?" He pouts at me, does he really not get it.
"Bill, look at me." I gesture to myself "I'm a boy trapped in a girl's body!" He looks down at the rest of my body.
"Really? But you don't have any..." He pokes my chest.
"Figuratively!" I stop him "My body isn't actually a girl's, it's just that I have a small waist and dainty features." He looks me over again and nods, then he grabs my hand and examines it.
"Huh, yeah I guess you're right." He gently sets my hand back down "but why would people make fun of you, you're beautiful." My eyes go big, he doesn't mean it like that, platonically! I scream to myself.
"Well-uh- I guess it's just sort of u-unnatural in their eyes." I stutter. He looks at me with a frown.
"I think it makes you unique, and that's a good thing." He goes back to hugging me.
"Thanks Bill." I sigh "I wish other people were like you."
***timeskip!***
The day went on, I taught Bill how to use and customize his phone, we talked, and I told him everything that was happening.
"At least you have a bunch of boys at your beacon call." He tries to cheer me up. "If I were you I would just act like a god!"
"But at the end of the day, I'll end up stuck with one if I want to or not." I sigh.
"Don't worry PineTree, I'll help you get out of this mess." He says good bye and leaves instantly. What does he mean by that?
I walk home right before curfew and head straight for bed, I need a drink! After Mabel made sure I was home she went out to some craft thing with her friends, oh sure she can go out but when I just want to go to 'a bachelorette party' there's a full interrogated and curfew set! At least that makes it easy to sneak a few shots of tequila (a few...) while I think about my day.
"Well would you look at that," I slur to myself, knocking back another shot.
"I made a friend!"

So I drew a Billdip comic, it's not very good. Does anyone actually want to see it...?