43- A Glowing Eve

Just a cute, short chapter of fluff and foreshadowing.

Bill POV

The rest of the cocktail party went pretty well, my friends enjoyed taking part in human festivities. It's new and interesting. In the least, I learned my boss has some sick party tricks.

"Text me about going to the forest some time Teeth." Pinetree calls as our last guest steps through the portal and we're left with silence.

"You guys are like best friends aren't you?" I ask.

"Yeah he seems really cool, I like your brother too!" He says walking to the kitchen and starting to clean up.

I dim the lights in the house and sneak up behind my boyfriend.

"Bill what are you-"

He is interrupted by me grabbing him and swinging him in my arms.

"Let's enjoy our Christmas Eve~" I whisper in his ear.

He chuckles and pulls away, making his way to the living room.

"Okay."

The tree is shining beautifully and lighting up the whole room. I sit down beside him on the coach and pull him into my lap, my head in the crook of his neck. I start to kiss him gently, covering his neck and cheek with little kisses.

"I love you." I sigh.

"I love you too." He whispers back, enjoying the pampering he's getting.

"I got you a present..." I say, pulling away from his neck.

"Really? You didn't have to do that, the fact that we're having a Christmas is enough for me."

"It's special, like you." I giggle, setting him on the couch and running to our room.

When I come back, he's waiting patiently where I left him. I stay standing and cough, letting him know I'm back. He looks at me confused as I just stare at him.

"So... What is it?" He asks hesitantly.

Without saying anything, I go down on one knee. I pull out a little golden box from behind my back smiling.

"Omg." He says surprised, covering his face.

Taking a deep breath, I start to sing.

I still hear your voice,
When you sleep next to me.
I still feel your touch in my dreams.
Forgive me my weakness but I don't know why,
Without you it's hard to survive.

His eyes go wide and I see tears start to form.

Cause every time we touch,
I get this feeling.
And every time we kiss,
I swear I can fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast,
I want this to last,
Need you by my side.

Pinetree takes a deep breath and continues the song, flames gently sparkling around him.

Your arms are my castle,
Your heart is my sky,
They wipe away tears when I cry.
The good and the bad times,
We've been through them all.
You make me rise when I fall.

Cause every time we touch,
I feel the static.
And every time we kiss,
I reach for the sky.
Can't you hear my heart beat so,
I can't let you go,
I want you in my life.

Finally, as the song has climaxed, we sing the chorus together.

Cause every time we touch,
I get this feeling.
And every time we kiss,
I swear I can fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast,
I want this to last,
Need you by my side.

As we finish the song, he jumps into my arms. His tears of joy soak my shirt, but I could care less. I really have the thing I've always wanted, a family. The start of one anyways.

I laugh and put the engagement ring on his finger. It's a very powerful gem, encased in silver and crystal. When an enchantment is said, the crystal will break and the gem can be used. What it does, is a secret only Pinetree and I know.

He sits in my lap again on the couch and stares and the ring with his arm outstretched. The gem is green, but when Pinetree's emotions get to an extreme, it glows. Whether he's really happy, or really scared. Right now, it's as bright as our Christmas tree, and I'm gonna take a guess and say he's happy.

After a while of enjoying the glow of green and gold light in silence. Pinetree gets up. He walks over to the tree and pulls a box out from under it that I hadn't noticed before.

"I got a present for you too." He says giggling.

I raise an eyebrow and take the box. Slowly and carefully, I unwrap in. It seems to be a long, short, cardboard box. I take off the top and gasp at what's inside. I look up at Pinetree who walks up and kisses me on the lips, then walks away to the bedroom.

In the box, is a pair of handcuffs and a bottle of lube, with a little note that says 'now we can talk about handcuffs'. You can only guess what happens next.

Sorry it's so short.