35- A New Way Of Training

...I drew that 🔝 (I missed a few details, sorry) ((did you get that last joke))

Bill POV
Pinetree says he wants to try the pool now so we head back to the platform and switch the lever. While it's changing, Pinetree and I magic into some swim suits. I'm wearing yellow swim trunks, while he's wearing blue ones.

"I bet I can beat you in a race." He says as the walls lift to reveal a high quality lap pool.

"Like from end to end?" I ask, leading the way down the stairs and onto the tiled floor.

"And then back." He answers, making his way to a starting platform.

"Okay." I get on the one beside him and get ready.

"3,2," he counts down "1, go!" We dive in and I quickly swim into the lead. Suddenly there is a blast of red light from behind me, and a red and silver blob goes rocketing past me. I can hardly tell what's going on, so I just keep swimming.

I reach the end and look to the other end, where Pinetree is already waiting for me. I swim back, looking curiously at him.

He has red and pink scales around his neck, on his shoulders and cheeks. I can see gills moving up and down on his neck as well, and his hair is miraculously dry. The whites of his eyes are now black along with his lips.

"What did you..." I start to say, but I'm interrupted by a splash as he jumps out of the pool. I follow him out and stare at him in shock.

His legs are replaced by a scaly, wet, tail. It's red, with silver stripes going up the sides. There are beautiful, sharp fins on the bottom that remind me of his dress when we first sang together. Suddenly it's all clear, he transformed himself.

"What do you think?" He laughs, he must have noticed that I was just staring.

"It's, beautiful. How did you...?"

"Remember what Victor said? Unlike other demons, I can form things out of magic."

"But how did you change your lungs and esophagus to work with gills?" I ask, still not fully understanding.

"Apparently, I can change things too." He shrugs, rolling back into the pool.

"Can you turn me into one too?" I ask, sitting down with my feet in the water.

"I don't think I want to try changing other people, it could work differently and I don't want to risk anyone getting hurt."

"You are concerned about risks, and you just did it to yourself?" I chuckle, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah... Well it was an experiment for an idea I had." He starts swim around leisurely, swishing his tail around.

"Tell me about this idea."

"Well, our powers are different right?" He says, I nod. "And so are our bodies. That means we have curtain strengths and weaknesses." I nod along, trying to piece it together. "So if we have opposite strengths and weaknesses..."

"Together, we even it out." I finish.

"Exactly!" He cheers, splashing his tail in the air. Getting water all over me.

"So, because you can change into things and form things, and I can teleport things, we can work as one?"

"Yeah, we're the perfect combination!" He says joyfully. "Even without magic, you're stronger, I'm faster. We cover each other's weaknesses."

"So as long as we're together, we're unbeatable!" I finally realize. It's perfect.

"I can get stronger, but you'll always be naturally stronger than me. Same with speed."

"You're right, that's a good tactic. Instead of getting better at the things we aren't good at, we should be focused on being perfect at the things we are good at. That way we can be better than any opponent at everything."

"That's how I see it." He concludes. "We should try to figure out how to use our powers together."

"You're a genius." I sigh happily. "A sexy, adorable, genius."

"And you're a dork." He laughs. "Now let's go have some lunch."

***timeskip a week***

Dipper POV
It's been a week and we've been training everyday. I can run almost twice as fast as before, Bill can lift almost twice as much as before, and we've started to do drills together. He can teleport ahead of me, then I run towards him and he launches me into the air. Or, I can morph into a small animal like a snake and go under doors to unlock them. Bill keeps saying that we don't really need to be good at this stuff because we can just use our powers to blast through doors, but power is energy. If it's a long mission, we need to know how to fend for ourselves.

We're getting ready to go to the 'Demon's United Embassy', or 'D.U.E', for our training. It's basically the building where they do everything important for the "demon world" to function. Like a city hall.

"I'm gonna change my look for this whole, secret agent thing." Bill says as he looks through his wardrobe.

"Alright, what are you thinking of trying?" I ask, buckling up my tunic and sliding on my trench coat.

"I don't know, maybe something like yours, but more me." He pulls out some black dress pants and dress shoes "I definitely want to keep these in my style."

"Maybe a trench coat like mine? Instead of the tail coat." I suggest, helping him look through his drawers. I switch the wardrobe into a different set of shelves and hangers and continue looking. "Like this!" I pull out a long, yellow trench coat with a triangle pattern on the bottom.

"That would work, it looks very Victorian so my cane and top hat work well." He nods, pulling out his top hat and fetching his cane from his bedside.

"Well if you're going Victorian, this would work." I say, pulling out a very Victorian looking shirt and a bow tie to match.

He puts it all on and looks in the mirror to inspect the outfit.

"Perfect." He sighs contently and turns to look at me. "What do you think?"

"I think you're hot as fuck." I say blankly, just staring at the image in front of me.

"Now you know how I feel looking at you everyday." He laughs, turning back to his reflection and fixing his hair.

"Oh shut up." I say, rolling my eyes. "Can we go then?"

"Yeah sure."