12- Detective Jones to the Rescue

The sleepover was going... Well, I guess. We ate an amazing meal prepared by Pacifica's staff, set up camp in her ginormous living room with cushions and blankets everywhere, played some boardgames, and now they are insisting on a game of truth or dare. Crap, I know where this is going.
"Okay I'll go first!" Mabel says as we all gather in a circle, please don't pick me please don't pick me! "Butch, truth or dare." Few.
"Truth, let's start off easy." He says calmly.
"Okay, what do you think of Dipper right now?" Seriously! I get it now, this is part of her test. She wants to know what's in the minds of these guys to see if they are worthy, well played sis. Butch looks over to me with a grin.
"I think, Dipper looks like a beautiful flower coming into bloom. Perfect in every way, and it's hard to look away. But like a cherry blossom, you look so pretty but you're gone so soon." What does that even mean, I swear even Gideon couldn't be that cheesy. Ew. Everyone awed, but I just sat there with a dazed look on my face not knowing what to say.
"Uh-um th-thank y-you?" I stutter, with a voice crack to top it off. He smiles at me and continues the game. It's Pacifica's turn,
"Dipper, truth or dare." Alright I already planned this out, if I pick truth it will be a difficult question I won't know how to answer, and if I pick dare I will likely have to kiss someone. It's basically lose/lose.
"He picks dare." Mabel says quickly before I can say truth.
"Okay," Pacifica continues, ah crap. "Dipper, I dare you to give each of the boys a kiss on the cheek." Ew, okay, it's fine, that's better than expected. "But for Gideon, let him kiss you wherever he wants." She added at the end. Shit! Okay first it's just a kiss on the cheek for the rest. I sigh and stand, the boys stand as well and I start with the cousins I haven't really talked to that much so far. I give each one a gentle kiss on the cheek and after each one they sigh in joy and practically melt back to where they were sitting. Then it's just Butch and Gideon left, I peck Butch on the cheek and avoid eye contact. The guy kinda scares me. He chuckles and proudly goes back to his seat. Gideon walks up with a sly grin spread across this face.
"Why hello again," he says cockily. Puffing out his chest, he places his hands on my hips and pulls me closer to the point where our chests touch. This reminds me of how much taller he is compared to me. Bending down slightly, he puts a hand under my chin and lifts my face in place. Ew ew ew ew, someone save me! Leaning in closer, I can feel his disgusting breath on my lips.
'Ding dong.' The door bell rings and we freeze.
"Who could that be, my parents are out of town so no one should be visiting." Pacifica explains as she gets up and walks to the door, we all follow her and watch as a butler opens the door. Standing in the light seeping out from the open door, is a man in a long black trench coat, a top hat and eye patch.
"Hello, I understand that Demetri Pines is here?" The man asks politely and reaches into his pocket. He pulls out a small wallet. "I'm detective Jones of the FBI. We are working on an investigation that he may have helpful information on." He opens the wallet to reveal an FBI police badge. Pacifica steps forward.
"May I ask what this is about?" She says with confidence.
"It is of considerable importance, that is all I am at liberty to say." He says simply. "Now, is he here?" Mabel looks at me suspiciously, probably half expecting me to have murdered someone. Probably because for some reason I'm unstable!
"I'm here." I step forward. He smiles and holds out his hand, but I don't shake it. "You need me to answer some questions?"
"Yes, could you come with me for a little while. It will only take around two hours." He bargains. Mabel try's to step in, but I don't let her.
"Sure that should be fine," I say grabbing my jacket, "it's only for a few hours." Mabel glares at me but doesn't stop me. She merely says,
"Alright, but when you get back you are going to kiss each and every one of these boys!"
"A case of national importance Miss!" The man yells before closing the door behind us and we walk to his black government issued looking car. He opens the door for me and helps me in. When he gets in himself I began to laugh.
"Detective Jones, really?" I giggle. He snaps his fingers, the trench coat and top hat disappear revealing a luscious head of blond hair and a yellow sweater with a triangle on the front.
"I was hoping you would fall for it too." He chuckles. We drive a little down the road until we are out of sight and with a snap of his fingers the car transforms into a fancy red mustang. "Well I didn't get you out of kissing them all but I did gain you a few hours." He sighs.
"That's alright, thanks. At least I'll miss a bit of festivities, where are we gonna go though?" I say while admiring his car.
"I don't know, what did you always dream of doing with your friends if you ever had any?" He asks, speeding the car down the road.
"Well," I say hesitantly "there is one thing I've thought about doing..."

***timeskip***

Bill POV
Per PineTree's request, we went dancing. I was a little hesitant at first because I wasn't sure how to dance in the human world, but it turns out it's not that different than what my friends and I do. PineTree helped me learn and I conjured up some drinks for us with my magic.
"You aren't supposed to be drinking at this age, you're a human." I had said.
"And you aren't supposed to be here with me!" He argued. That was good enough for me.
When a slow song came on I lead him in a waltz, it worried me though how his face turned bright red, was he sick or something? Then we went and sat on the pier looking at the stars.
"Hey look, it's you!" I say pointing up at the Big Dipper constellation. He giggles and points at another one naming it.
"Ugh it's almost time for me to go back." He sighs, swaying his bare feet in the cool, black water.
"It will be alright, it's not like you have to have sex with them or anything right?" I try my best to cheer him up.
"Yeah, I don't know. It's just, whatever happens will have a big roll in deciding who I have to date. And..." He stops, he's hesitant about what he's about to say.
"What?" I say looking into his big doe eyes that I can never look away from.
"Well," he continues "whoever I kiss first will be my first kiss." I look at him in confusion, what's the big deal? "In this dimension, it's kind of a big deal. You only have one first kiss."
"Isn't that the whole principle of first, it only happens first." I say bluntly.
"It's one of those things that you always remember, like when you lose your virginity." He explains, I make an ohhhh sound. That makes more sense. "I don't want my first kiss to be with one of those creeps, I want it to be with someone special." I look down to the water, thinking for a second.
"Why don't I be your first kiss?" I say suddenly. He looks at me in shock and his face turns red again, making me worry.
"W-well I-uh I d-don't know..." He stutters and gulps hard.
"It's okay, I just wanted to give you the option. Since we're friends and all." I splash my feet in the water a little smiling, completely ignoring what just happened.
Before I know what's going on I feel a hand grab my chin and turn my head, I feel smooth gentle lips touch mine. I wrap my arms around Dipper and pull him close. He stay like that for a little while, our lips perfectly fitting and moving together in harmony like they're meant for each other. We stop for air and I feel my face heat up a lot.
"Ah, what's happening why is my face hot? Am I on fire!" I scream, splashing some water on my face.
"Bill, that's called blushing look I'm doing it to." He says calmly, pointing to his face "that's just your body's way of showing emotions." But I don't know what my emotions are right now. How can my body know and I can't! "We should be getting back." He stands up and walks back to the car, leaving me in a cloud of confusion.

We ride back in silence, while Dipper admires my car some more. When we get to the giant mansion I stop the car and we sit there not moving for a moment.
"Should I walk you to the door?" I ask hesitantly, why am I so nervous.
"No it's probably best if you don't, suspicious and all." He answers casually. He opens the door and gets out.
"Thanks... for everything." He says with his head still poking in the car.
"Good luck." I say back before he closes the door and walks away, his skirt swaying as he jumps up the stairs. He takes a deep breath before opening the door and slipping in. "Good luck" I repeat quietly and drive away into the night.