Part 18

*Dinner*

"Emma?!" Dally called from the lounge. I walked down. "What?" I asked. "What do you all want for dinner?" he asked. "Dunno" I yawned. "You need to eat doll. What should I order?" he asked again. "Chinese" I smirked remembering his favorite food. "You remembered?" he asked. "Duh" I said and sat down on the couch next to him. He looked through the drawer full of numbers and called in Chinese. "Thanks Dall" I said and laid my head on his shoulder. Phil's mum needed him for something so it was just us. "Anytime" he said. I felt my phone buzz. 

PJ- hey em! is there a possibility we could meet up with chris quickly to talk. it's important. if you can't i understand. sorry we're both a bit sick.

Sure Peej. See you on 5th street in 10

"Dall I gotta go meet up with some friends. It'll only be 20 minutes" I said and stood up and grabbed my bag" I explained. "Okay doll. Text me please. I need to talk to you when you get back, alright?" he asked. "Got it. See ya" I said and walked out. 

I got to 5th and saw PJ and Chris. "Hey guys" I said and hugged them. "Hey girly! So I have news. Chris and I have done some research on Mr. Dan Howell. It's not major but it was a bit shocking" PJ said. I nodded. "Right, Dan's been at 5 schools the last 2 years. He's been suspended over 7 times. Oh and he has 1 thing on his criminal record. Apparently he was caught shoplifting" Chris said. "Wow" I said. "Yep. Just thought you'd like to know for any blackmail material" Pj laughed. Chris agreed. "Thanks guys" I smiled and hugged them. "Anytime. See ya at school" They said. "Bye" I smiled and walked back.

 I got to the door remembering I forgot to text Dally. This won't be good. I walked in to find Dally pacing and running his hand through his hair. "Oh my god Emma are you okay?" he asked while running to me.  "Yes Dally I'm fine" I smiled. "Sit down over here with me" he said and took my hands. "Look, we all know I don't care about many people. But I care about you just as much as I care about one of my friends back home. I saw something I wish I didn't. Who's Dan?" he asked. "W-What?" I asked. "I saw Phil text you about some guy named Dan with a bunch of sad faces. What's up?" he asked.

 "Okay so Dan is a guy at my school. We don't get on well. He's always hated me for no reason which is why I have these" I said pulling up my sleeves revealing the burns and cuts he's left all over me. And why I was in the hospital" I explained. "These are cigarette burns and switchblade cuts! What the hell is this guys issue?! He's gonna learn something I swear to g-" he started. "Shh Dall it's okay. I've dealt with this for months. I've toughened up" I assured him. "Doll, this isn't okay" he sighed. "I know I know" I said and held him tightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'll be okay" I said quietly. he lightly kissed the top of my head. "You can do this love" he said and ruffled my hair. I jumped up and messed up his hair and walked to the front door knowing the food would be here. 

*9:00*

I was starting to get tired. Dally and I decided to watch Cheaper By The Dozen since it was our favorite movie when we were little. I had my back against it chest and was slowly falling asleep. He laid me completely down and put my hair up. "Night Doll" he said and continued watching. "Night Dall" I yawned. I fell asleep knowing I was cared for. 

*Next morning*

I woke up still on the couch with Dally's arm laid over me. I looked behind me and saw him peacefully sleeping. I got up carefully, forgetting he was the deepest sleeper. I walked upstairs to get ready. I put on some skinny jeans and a jumper. I did quick makeup grabbed my bag. I left Dally a note and walked to school. 

I walked in the gates to be greeted by Phil. "Hey bear. PJ and Chris and Alison won't be here today. They all have the flu. I nodded and we started the walk to my locker. "Why do we have to go to school" I yawned while grabbing my books. "So teachers can torture us for 8 hours and then make us do work in our only place of peace that we call home" he sighed. "Poetic" I laughed. The bell rang and I was forced to go to class. 

I walked into math looking as depressing as ever considering I was extremely tired and ironically wearing all black. Oops? As soon as I started to wake myself up, Dan walked in and sat down next to me. "Your little boyfriend hasn't been here in a while has he?" he laughed. "He moved" I said simply. "Who's that guy that's always hanging around your house? He's way to old for you" he asked. "Well 1, how would you know that? 2, why are you ever around my house? And 3, why do you feel like you can run my life?" I asked, my voice filled with annoyance. "1, because I skip 2nd period because I hate history and he's there. 2, because it's a shortcut to get to town from school. 3, I'm a big part of it, and believe me love, that'll never change" he said. When he gave the lat answer chills ran throughout my body. 

I ignored him the rest of class. What he said continued to run through my mind. The entire math period I was having the hardest time focusing. I walked silently to my locker then to 2nd period. I took my seat next to Phil. He looked at me in concern. "You alright?" he asked. I told him everything. His jaw dropped. "No. Way" he said slowly. I nodded. "Phil, I don't think this will ever end" I said. I felt my cheeks get hot and my eyes start to water. I pushed those feelings away. I had to make it through today. I had to. 

Hey loves! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was on a cruise and I had no wifi. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update soon. 

Love you guys!

xx Lexi