Part 29

*Pickup*

 Luckily we made it to school just after the warning bell rung. We went to our lockers and grabbed our books. I gave Phil one last hug before class and walked into Mr.Lee's room. I took my seat and waited for class to start. I put my hair up in a messy bun and rubbed my eyes, it was nice to be able to do that without smearing mascara and eyeliner all over my face. Once Mr.Lee walked in I noticed the bags under his eyes and how upset he looked. All because of me. 

He started the lesson and we were later interrupted by the headmaster. "Sorry to interrupt. Someone has a few words. He said allowing the person in. Joe. "Uh hey guys. I just wanted to thank those of you who I taught for such a great year. I won't be your teacher as of now. But please don't worry, Mrs.Burr is an amazing person and I'm sure you all will love her. Hopefully I can visit some time" he half smiled. I stared at him, he looked awful. He gave us one last smile and walked out.

 "Poor Emma" I heard some people say. I looked at Dan. He was holding in his laughter. The rest of class I just sat there silently staring at my desk. 

Dan walked by me on the way to second period and gave me a slip of paper then walked off. I opened it as soon as I walked into Ms. Sugg's room. 

Meet me in the courtyard at lunch, we'll discuss your attitude yesterday. If you're not there, use your imagination. -Dan

I sighed and put the note in my pocket. "Phil I'm sorry" I said and looked at him. "For what?" he asked. "I haven't been talking to you that much because I've just been so worried and-" I rambled. "Emma, it's not your fault. What was that note?" he asked. "Thanks Philly. Dan apparently wants to talk about my apparent attitude" I said. "Are you really gonna go?" he asked. I nodded. "I have to." He nodded. 

*Lunch* 

 I walked into the courtyard my heart was racing. He was about to say something when I cut him off. "Look sorry about my attitude, it won't happen again" I sighed, just letting him win. He looked surprised. "Oh I know it won't" he laughed. "Why can't you just accept the apology and let me go?" I asked, crossing my arms. He walked over to me and conveniently for him I was already standing with my back to the wall. He got way to close to my neck and whispered "I'm not good with apologies." 

I shivered and shifted my weight uncomfortably. "You uncomfortable?" he asks, purposely breathing on my to make me cringe. "Very" I said and tried to push him off. Didn't work. He started to kiss me on my shoulder. "Dan, stop" I said and tried to move. He continued and he put his hand on my hip, scaring me. I repeated. "Dan stop" but he wouldn't. He tugged at my shirt. I wouldn't let him. He moved to my collar bone, I got cold. He pulled me closer to him and moved up to my mouth I refused to kiss back, but he refused to give up. I finally built up the strength and pushed him off. 

 He looked at me with eyes that could kill. "Sorry" I whispered. He slapped me right across my cheek suddenly. I didn't turn back to face him, so he did it for me. He grabbed my jaw harshly and made me face him. I looked him directly in the eyes. He then called me some of the worst things he could think of. But when he brought Joe into it, my heart shattered. Hot tears spilled down my face and he held my hands behind my back so I couldn't wipe them away. "Aw poor Emma" he laughed. Finally he let me go. He wasn't as physically violent but he was extremely emotionally violent. I ran to my locker where I met Phil. "Phil I really want to leave" I cried. "We can't love, can you make it through the rest of the day?" he cooed. I nodded and we walked to 5th. 

*Home*

 Phil walked me home and the entire time I couldn't stop shaking. I was legitimately scared. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked as I sat down in the lounge. I nodded. "I- I walked out and I stood with my back to the wall and he took that as an opportunity to start um kissing me and putting his arms around me. One second he's lie that then he's slapping and burning me" I explained not wanting to go into detail. "Emma I'm so sorry" he cooed  and holds me close. My face still stung by how hard he slapped me. "Do you need anything?" he asked as we walked up to my room so I could be more comfortable. I shook my head. He laid down next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. "Just let it out" he whispered. Finally I stopped holding it in, and it felt great. I just wished this could all end. 

After a few hours of relaxing I went downstairs and made dinner. I played my music as I cooked. Phil walked in and laughed. "What's funny" I asked whilst I danced around the kitchen. "You" he chuckled and began to help me cook. Phil can always cheer me up. Once I finished cooking Phil and I sat down at the table and ate. When we were done we went back up to my room and quickly did homework before we started binge watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer because he wouldn't stop asking me to watch it with him. As we finished the 2nd episode I got a call from Joe. I walked out of the room to take the call. 

 "Hey Em" he said as I answered. "Hey Joe" I said smiling to myself. "Did I miss anything?" he asked. "Not much" I lied. "You sure? You sound a bit upset" he asked. Damn. "Well yeah, Dan wasn't exactly passive today. And once again, I'm sorry that he would just show everyone that we were together" I said. "Emma, please don't worry about that. And I was just really surprised on how he got those pictures" he sighed. "Yeah, I guess he was just around and managed to take a picture to spread around" I said. "Yeah. You seemed upset this morning, sorry I couldn't call earlier" he said, I could hear the sadness in his voice. "I was just upset that I wouldn't see you. Anyways, you're probably busy. I'll call you later" I said. "Alright. Night Em" he says before hanging up. I walked back in and sat back down next to Phil. I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him. He ran his hands through my hair to comfort me and we continued watching the show. 

hey loves! I know you're probably thinking, who is this and what has she done with Lexi. Believe me I'm still the same person I've just been writing so much so I would have an excuse to listen to music all day. 

Love you all

xx Lexi 

By the way here's a little shoutout for the person who gave me an amazing idea for these last few chapters! She's the best♡  @vls214