Part 23

*Pickup*

 Joe's face filled my head. He stormed out. I looked down blankly at my desk, trying not to chase after him. Dan looked at me confused considering my mood changed so quickly. I ignored him. I felt tears fall from my eyes. Quickly I wiped them away and tried to forget. Dan sighed and shook his head. By the end of the lesson, my heart hurt more than I could imagine. Just the pain in his eyes hurt. We walked out when the bell rang, of course Dan had his arm around my waist as I stared at the floor. "See you in science" he smiled. "See ya" I fake smiled. I grabbed my history book and ran to class. 

I sat my book down and started talking to Phil. He could tell by the hurt in my voice something was wrong. I explained what happened with Joe. "I'm so sorry love" he sighed. The rest of that class was painfully slow. I just wanted to talk to him. Now to face Dan.. Science. 

I walked into Mr. White's room and took my seat next to Dan, not realizing Joe was here. Dan looked down at me and put his arm around my shoulder. "Dan not now.. please" I sighed. "I'll do whatever I want, when I want Emma" he said quietly. I shook my head. I looked up and saw Joe talking to Mr.White. No I thought. "Smile" Dan demanded quietly, harshness still filled his tone. I looked confused but the glare in his eyes explained it all. I smiled to avoid getting anyone hurt. "Good" he said and we started on the warm up. Joe walked out averting his eyes from me, and avoiding any type of eye contact. He hates me now.. great

*Timeskip lunch*

 "Phil I have to take care of something. I'll be back up here by the end of lunch" I said and gave him a quick hug. He nodded. I started my walk when I ran into Dan. "Hey baby" he said, causing me to cringe. "Hi. I have to go to the washroom. I'll be in the lunchroom soon, gorgeous" I fake smiled. "Alright. You better be" he said but whispered the last bit. I ran to the art room. 

 "Joe" I said quietly. His head was against his desk. "Joe" I said a bit louder. Still no answer. "Joe I'm sorry" I blurted as tears streamed down my face. I closed the door behind me. "Emma I thought you hated him!?" he yelled, making me jump and nearly have a panic attack. "Joe I do! I don't want to do this" I yelled back. "Emma I just don't understand why you agree to this all of a sudden if you don't love him?!" he shouted. Now it was a yelling match, getting louder by the second. "I do this to protect you, Phil, Alison, and myself! I don't love him! I love you!" I screamed, not realizing what I admitted until a few seconds later. "I love you too. I just can't bear the thought of you being hurt" he choked. "Joe, thank you for caring. I'm so sorry for getting upset, it's just that when you stormed out of Mr. -" I started. I was cut off by him pulling me into a hug. "Please don't let him do anything to you" he cried. "I-I won't. I promise" I said. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, symbolizing I had to go to my next class. "Damn it!" I cursed. I wiped my eyes and got myself together. "I have to go or I might get killed" I joked. He looked at me with wide eyes. "Joking" I laughed and ran out.

I got to my next class 3 minutes late, and of course Dan was staring at me as I walked in. "Everything alright Ms. Jacobson?" Mr.Deyes asked. "Yeah, sorry" I said and sat down. "You were supposed to come back" he growled. "I got caught up okay? I've done everything for you!" I scoffed. I tuned him out for the rest of the day. 

*Home*

Around 9 I got a Skype call. Joe. "Hey" I smiled as I answered. "Hey Emma" he smiled back. "Who's that?" I heard someone call. "Just a friend" he answered. The person came up. "I wanna meet her" they said. It sounded so familiar. I just laughed. "So Joe" I started, but then I saw the person behind him. "Emma?" Mr.Lee said followed in by Mr.White and Ms. Sugg. "Uh hi.." I said awkwardly. "Are.. Is.. Wait.." Mr. Lee said in confusion. "What's going on?" Mr.White asked. "Okay we're just friends I swear. We just got close in detention so we started talking more" I explained. 

"Oli, Caspar, leave please" Ms. Sugg said. When she said Caspar chills ran down my back. "I meant to ask you this at lunch but I couldn't find you. Were you alright in class today?" she asked. "Yes ma'm I was fine" I said. "Alright, by the way feel free to call us Zoe, Oli, and Caspar" she smiled. "Thank you" I smiled back and she walked out. 

"You okay?" he asked. "I am now" I laughed. "Sorry I upset you" he said, running his hand through his hair. "Joe, don't blame yourself, please" I begged. "I really am sorry though, I over reacted. I just really care about you and I don't want to see you get hurt" he sighed. "I'll be okay. I promise" I half smiled, just wanting him to be happy.  He sighed dramatically. "Phew" he chuckled. He was so crazy.. I loved it. I finally yawned. It was 10:45. "You should get to sleep young lady" he said sternly, in a joking way of course. "Okay dad" I laughed. "I think I'd make an okay dad" he thought aloud. "I agree. Anyway, I should get going. Night Joseph" I smiled. "Goodnight Emma" he smiled and hung up. "Love you" I said as soon as I closed the computer.

I took of my makeup and put on my pajamas. As soon as I went to bed, I felt peace. I fell asleep nearly instantly. 

Heyyyy guys. 2 updates in 2 days! It may be 12:24 AM but sleep is for the weak! Jk sleep is the best thing ever. Anywhooo I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Btw the gif at the top kills me omg. 

Love you

xx Lexi