1.1 Sam

I groaned, slamming my hand on my alarm clock to make it stop ringing. I turned to my side in my bed, hoping to get a little more sleep.

"Sammy." I groaned, pulling my blanket over my head when I heard my cousin, Rose's voice. I heard my door open, "Sam, wake up. It's 7:30."

"Five more minutes," I muttered.

She let out a sigh before my blanket was pulled away from my head, I opened my eyes a little and Rose smiled a little at me, "Wake up, sleepy head. We have work to go to."

"Oh come on," I whined as she dropped my blanket over my head.

She giggled as I heard her walking out of my room, leaving the door open. "Wake up."

I let out a sigh, pulling my blanket off, "I'm up. I'm up," I said and got up from my bed before starting to get ready for my work.

My name is Samantha Forbes Tyler. But I prefer Sam instead. My parents were Neal and Katy Forbes and they both passed away when I was a baby so I didn't knew them. But I did heard about them a lot from my granny and from my Mom's sister, Aunt Jackie. I lived with my granny until I was six years old and then she passed away from old age. Luckily, instead going to orphanage, Aunt Jackie and Uncle Pete took me in.

"I'm going," Rose called. "See you later."

"Bye," I called before I heard the front door closing. I walked out of my bedroom, dressed and I walked to the kitchen to see Aunt Jackie talking in the phone.

"Okay, sweetie. See you tonight," Aunt Jackie said before hanging up. She looked up to see me walking in and smiled, "Morning, sweetheart."

"Morning, Aunt Jackie," I said. "Where's Uncle Pete?"

"He left early to work today," She replied as I grabbed my bag.

"Okay. I'll be off to work," I said before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Wait, take this," Aunt Jackie said, putting a bag inside my bag. "Don't forget to eat."

I smirked, "I never do that."

She gave me a look, "Don't try to fool me, young lady."

I smiled, shaking my head. "Thank you," I said before giving her another kiss on the cheek and then walking out of the door, "Bye."

"Have a good day," She called. I walked out of the building and took the bus.

...................

I spend most of the time at work, the sun was starting to go down and my work was about to be done. My phone rang and I pulled it out of my pocket to see it was Uncle Pete. I smiled as I answered, "Hey, Uncle."

"Hey, kiddo," He said. "You about to finish work?"

"I'm almost done," I replied.

"You want me to pick you up?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No, it cool. I'll go on the bus, you should head home," I replied.

This is a customer announcement. The store will be closing in five minutes. Thank you

"You heard that?" I said with a smirk.