1.2 An Alien?

I let out a sigh as my alarm clock rang, so I slammed my hand to stop it. I set up as I heard my Aunt calling, "There's no point in getting up, sweetheart. You've got no job to go to."

I plopped back down on my bed but didn't feel like going back to sleep so I got up and got dressed. I walked out of my room to see Uncle Pete talking with Aunt Jackie as he fixed his tie, "She need some time to recover from what happen last night," He said. "Give her some time before dropping it on her."

They both turned to me and Uncle Pete gave me a smile, "Hey, sweetheart," He said and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Rose went to work, right?" I asked.

"Yes," Aunt Jackie replied.

"Well, I'm off to work," Uncle Pete said and then turned to me, "Stay home. Rest, okay?"

I smiled and nodded before he gave me a kiss on my forehead again and then kissed Aunt Jackie on her lips before walking out. "Bye, Uncle Pete," I said.

"See you later," He called before the door closed.

"I'll go eat," I told Aunt Jackie before walking to the kitchen. I made a sandwich and sat down on the dinner table, eating.

Aunt Jackie walked in and sat down beside me, "You know, there's Finch's. You could try them. They've always got jobs."

I sighed, rolling my eyes, "Oh, great. The butchers."

"Well, it might do you good. That shop was giving you airs and graces," She said as she got up and walked out, "And I'm not joking about compensation. You've had genuine shock and trauma. Arianna got two thousand quid off the council just because the old man behind the desk said she looked Greek! I know she is Greek, but that's not the point. It was a valid claim."

I shook my head before continued to eat. I frowned when I heard some noises at the front door. "Aunt Jackie, you said that you told Uncle Pete to nail that cat flap down," I said as I walked to the door.

"I did," Aunt Jackie called. "I saw him doing it."

"It doesn't look like it," I muttered before I kneeled down and picked up a nail. The cat door moved and I jumped slightly. I lifted the cat door and froze when I saw it was the man, The Doctor. I quickly got up and opened the door.

"What're you doing here?" He asked.

"I live here," I stated.

"Well, what do you do that for?" He asked.

"Maybe because I do," I replied, giving him a look. "I'm only at home because someone blew up my job."

He pulled out the thing I saw yesterday. It was glowing blue and it made a weird sound. "I must have got the wrong signal. You're not plastic, are you?" He asked as he touched my head. "No, bonehead. Bye, then."

Just as The Doctor was about to leave, I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him inside. "Who is it?" Aunt Jackie asked.

I walked over my Aunt's room, "It's about last night. He's part of the inquiry. Give us ten minutes." I walked into the living room and The Doctor followed. "Don't mind the mess. Do you want coffee?"