Chapter 19

The young Sam peeked into her Grandmother's room. "Come here, my sweetheart. Come here," Her Grandmother, Sarah said softly. She patted the spot beside her. Sam went over to her Grandmother, who was looking at a wedding photo album. In the photo there were a bride and a groom.

"Do you know who are they?" Sarah asked. Little Sam looked up at her Grandmother and shook her head. "It's your Mommy and Daddy," Sarah replied. Sam looked back at the picture. "Katy was your Aunt Jackie's little sister. She died after giving birth to you. And my Neal died when you where six months old. Hit and run."

"Did it happen here? In New York?" Little Sam asked as she looked at her Grandmother. Sarah nodded and wiped a tear from her cheek. "Yes, sweetheart." Sam looked back. "The day that Stuart Hoskins and Sarah Clarke got married," Sarah said.

"Your Dad was always having adventures. Oh, he and your mother would have loved to have seen you now," Sarah said as she pointed to a picture of Sam's parents, Katy and Neal.

"That's what my Grandma always said," I told The Doctor about my past, "So I was thinking if we could see my Mom and Dad when they were still alive. You know, I went to see their wedding. And the day when Stuart and Sarah got married."

"Where's this come from, all of a sudden?" The Doctor asked. I looked down at the floor, "It's okay if we can't. If it goes against the laws of times or something," I said. "No, I can do anything," He said and I looked at him, "I'm just more worried about you."

"I want to see them," I said. "Your wish is my command. But be careful what you wish for," The Doctor said and he pulled a lever. "Okay," He said, "Here we go."

I looked at the doors as he turned to me, "We here," He informed. I breathed out before swallowing and then I walked to the doors with The Doctor following. We walked outside to see we were inside a church. "Is that were . . ." I trailed off. "Yep. That's the church your parents got married," The Doctor informed. "We landed at the second floor so we could see the wedding better here."

He walked to the balcony, "And we right on time," He said as I walked over. I looked under to see that the wedding was already started. "I, Neal Alan Forbes, take you, Katy Angela Suzette Prentice --" Dad said. "I thought he'd be taller," I said, gazing at him.

"-- To be my lawful wedded wife, to love and behold till death us do part," Dad said. I gazed over to my Mom, "This is my Mom," I whispered as I stared at her and smiled, "She look beautiful, isn't she?" A tear streamed down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

"Yeah, she is," The Doctor agreed and I looked over at him, smiling. He looked at me and smiled back before we turned back to the wedding.

...................

When the wedding was over, we went back in the TARDIS. "I want to be someone. Just someone so my Dad doesn't die alone," I said. "November the 7th," The Doctor said. "1988," I added. The Doctor pulled a lever and we walked outside.

"New York," I breathed out, looking around. New York. my birthplace. "When Mom died in this time it was a bit rain. I thought that when my Dad died, it'd be all sort of grim and stormy. It's just an ordinary day," I said. "The past is another country. 1988's just the Isle of Wight," He said, "Are you sure about this?"

I thought for a moment before nodding, "Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure," I said before we walked down the street to a small, red house. "Uncle Pete showed me a picture of my house," I told The Doctor. "This is it. That was my house. He was late. He was out getting a wedding present. It was a vase. I know because my Grandma and my Aunt always said that stupid vase."