Chapter 4

"So Samantha Forbes. Tell me where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. It's your choice. What's it going to be?" The Doctor asked. "Forwards," I said. The Doctor flicked a few switches, "How far?" He asked. "Um, 100 years," I said.

The TARDIS started moving and then stepped, "There you go. Step outside those doors, it's the 22nd century," The Doctor said. "You're kidding," I said. "That's a bit boring, though. Do you want to go further?" He asked. I shrugged, "Fine by me."

He started the TARDIS again, "100,000 years in the future. Step outside, it's the year 12005, the new Roman Empire," He said.

"You think you're so impressive," I said with a smirk. "I am so impressive," The Doctor said, pouting. "You wish," I said, raising an eyebrow. "Right then, you asked for it," He said, smiling. "I know exactly where to go."

I smiled as he started the TARDIS yet again and then it stopped. "Where are we?" I asked. The Doctor motioned towards the door. I looked at the door and turned back to him with a smile, "What? What's out there?"

He continued to point at the door and I gave it with a smile before walking towards the door and opened it. I looked around, we were in a room that had a big window to look outside. I walked down the little bit of steps that we had and looked out the window. Outside was Earth.

I felt The Doctor beside me, "You lot, you spend all your time thinking about dying, like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible, that maybe you survive. This is the year five point five slash apple slash twenty six. Five billion years in your future." I watched as outside the sun explode. "This is the day the Sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world," The Doctor said and I looked at him in surprise.

Shuttles five and six now docking. Guests are reminded that Platform One forbids the use of weapons, teleportation and religion. Earth Death is scheduled for fifteen thirty nine

We walked along a hallway as we heard a female voice. I turned to The Doctor, "When it says guests, does that mean people?" I asked. "Depends what you mean by people," He said. "I mean people. What do you mean?" I asked. "Aliens," He said. "What are they doing on board this spaceship?" I asked.

"It's not really a spaceship, more like an observation deck," He replied. "What for?" I asked. "Well, the great and the good are gathering to watch the planet burn," He replied as he was scanning something with his Sonic Screwdriver.

"Why?" I asked. "Fun," He replied before the doors opened to another room that was larger then the room that we were and we walked in.

"But . . . How can watching a living planet blow up be fun? They really built this just to watch the Earth blow up? Wouldn't this place blow up as well?" I asked. "Look over there. Gravity satellites holding back the sun," The Doctor explained.

"How long is this going to go on for?" I asked. "About half an hour and then the planet gets roasted," He said. "Is that why we're here?" I asked with a smile, "I mean, is that what you do? Jump in at the last minute and save the Earth?"

"I'm not saving it. Time's up," The Doctor said and my smile fell. "But what about the people?" I asked with a frown. "It's empty. They're all gone. No one left," He explained. "So it's just me," I said sadly.

"Who the hell are you?" A male voice asked. We turned around and saw an alien with blue skin. "Oh, that's nice, thanks," The Doctor said. "But how did you get in? This is a maximum hospitality zone. The guests have disembarked. They're on their way any second now," The blue alien said.