Chapter 15

I stepped out of the TARDIS with The Doctor following me. I looked around at the hallway with a frown, "Why did we stop here?" I asked. "Don't know," The Doctor replied, "Some kind of signal drawing the TARDIS off course."

"Huh . . . So, where are we?" I asked. "Earth. Utah, North America. About half a mile underground," He informed. "What year is it?" I asked. "2012," He said. "So I should be 24," Sam said. The Doctor turned on a light, reviling that the room was a big museum. "Wow. It's a great big museum," I said.

"An alien museum," He corrected before we started to look around, "Someone's got a hobby. They must have spent a fortune on this. Chunks of meteorite, moon dust. That's the milometer from the Roswell spaceship."

My eyes stopped at something that looked very familiar; A Slitheen's arm. "Hey, look at this," I said, "That's a bit of Slitheen. That's a Slitheen's arm. It's been stuffed."

"Oh, look at you," The Doctor breathed out as I walked over to him. "What is it?" I asked staring at the glass box that had a robot's head inside. "An old friend of mine," He replied, "Well, enemy. The stuff of nightmares reduced to an exhibit. I'm getting old."

"Is that where the signal's coming from?" I asked. "No, it's stone dead. The signal's alive. Something's reaching out, calling for help," He said. Suddenly, an alarm went off and guards came in, surrounding us. "If someone's collecting aliens, that makes you Exhibit A," I said quietly to The Doctor.

A woman named Diana Goddard led us to a room, where there was a young man and an older man. The older man was holding something and The Doctor shook his head, "I really wouldn't hold it like that."

"Shut it," Diana said. "Really, though, that's wrong," He said. "Is it dangerous?" The younger man asked. "No, it just looks silly," The Doctor replied and I chuckled. The older man stood up from his chair and gave him the item.

"You just need to be," He said as he strokes the item and it made a note. "Delicate." He play several different notes. "It's a musical instrument," The older man said. "And it's a long way from home," The Doctor said.

"Here, let me," The older man said and grabbed the instrument. He touch it harsher, making a not nice sounds produced. "I did say delicate. It reacts to the smallest fingerprint. It needs precision," The Doctor said.

The older man made a sound and The Doctor nodded, "Very good. Quite the expert," He said. "As are you," The older man said and then he threw it onto the floor. "Who exactly are you?"

"I'm The Doctor. And who are you?" The Doctor asked. "Like you don't know. We're hidden away with the most valuable collection of extra-terrestrial artefacts in the world, and you just stumbled in by mistake," The older man said. "Pretty much sums me up, yeah," The Doctor said.

"The question is, how did you get in? Fifty three floors down, with your little cat burglar accomplice. You're quite a collector yourself, she's gorgeous," The older man said and he winked at me.

I gave him a look, "She's going to hit you if you keep calling her like that," I warned. "She's English too!" The older man said and turned to the younger man, "Hey, little Lord Fauntleroy. Got you a girlfriend."

"I'm not English," I said, rolling my eyes. "This is Mister Henry Van Statten. Mister Van Statten owns the internet," The younger man said. "No one owns the internet," I said. "And let's just keep the whole world thinking that way, right kids?" Henry said and winked at me again.