Chapter 25

I started pacing around the room as The Doctor started to work on opening the window with the bars. "He vanished into thin air. Why is it always the good looking ones who do that?" I asked. The Doctor looked up at me with a frown, "I'm making an effort not to be insulted."

"I mean, men. But . . . you're good looking too," I said. "Okay, thanks, that really helped," He said. "Sam? Doctor? Can you hear me?" Jack spoke from a radio, "I'm back on my ship. Used the emergency teleport. Sorry I couldn't take you."

The Doctor and I walked over to the radio and he showed me that it wasn't plugged in. "It's security-keyed to my molecular structure. I'm working on it. Hang in there," Jack said. "How're you speaking to us?" The Doctor asked.

"Om-Com. I can call anything with a speaker grill," Jack replied. "Now there's a coincidence," The Doctor said. "What is?" Jack asked. "The child can Om-Com, too," The Doctor said. "He can?" I asked. "Anything with a speaker grill. Even the TARDIS phone," He explained.

"You mean the child can phone us?" I asked. "And I can hear you," The child spoke suddenly through the radio, "Coming to find you. Coming to find you."

"Doctor, can you hear that?" Jack asked. "Loud and clear," The Doctor said. "I'll try to block out the signal. Least I can do," Jack said. "Coming to find you, mummy," The child said. "Remember this one, Sam?" Jack asked before the same song we danced to started to play. The Doctor looked at me in confusion. "Um, our song," I said, smiling shyly.

He nodded and smiled slightly before turning back to the window and continued to work on it. I looked down, sighing quietly before walking to a wheelchair. I sat down and relaxed on it. I looked over at The Doctor as he used his Sonic Screwdriver on the window.

"What you doing?" I asked. "Trying to set up a resonation pattern in the concrete, loosen the bars," He said. "You don't think he's coming back, do you?" I asked about Jack.

"Wouldn't bet my life," The Doctor said. "Why don't you trust him?" I asked. "Why do you?" He shot back. "He saved my life," I stated, "Bloke-wise, that's up there with flossing. I trust him because he's like you. Except with dating and dancing."

The Doctor stopped and looked at me before shaking his head as he looked back at the window. "What?" I asked. "You just assume that I don't dance," He said. "So you do dance?" I asked. "Nine hundred years old, me. I've been around a bit. I think you can assume at some point I've danced," He said.

"You? Really?" I asked. "Problem?" The Doctor asked as he looked at me. "Doesn't the universe implode or something if you dance?" I joked. "Well, I've got the moves but I wouldn't want to boast," He said as he turned back to the window.

I smirked and got up from the wheelchair. I walked over to the radio and turned up the music before walking back over to The Doctor, and held out my hand. "You've got the moves?" I asked as he looked at me, "Show me them."

"Sam, I'm trying to resonate concrete," He said before turning to the window. "Jack will be back. He'll get us out," I said, "The world doesn't end because The Doctor dances." I hold out both of my hands as The Doctor turned around and faced me. He put his Sonic in his pocket and stepped closer to me before grabbing my hands and looked at my palm.

"Barrage balloon?" The Doctor asked. "What?" I asked. "You were hanging from a barrage balloon," He said. "Yeah. About two minutes after you left me. Thousands of feet above London, middle of a German air-raid," I said.