Chapter 20

Dad walked over as he put his jacket on and I sighed, looking back a the front door. "Don't worry about him," Dad assured and I looked at him, "Couples have rows all the time."

"We're not a couple. Why does everyone think we're a couple?" I asked, scoffing. He smiled at me and I looked down, sighing, "I think he left me." He scoffed, "And you two not a couple," He muttered. "We not," I said, "We're friends. Just friends."

He nodded, "Okay," He said, "So, your 'just friend' will be back." I rolled my eyes, smiling slightly. "Okay, now. We have to go to the wedding," He said and frowned at me, "I'm sure I've met you somewhere before."

I smiled a little, "Believe me. You do," I muttered before we walked out of the house and climbed into Dad's car. "You're not related to my deceased wife by any chance, are you?" Dad asked all of a sudden as we drove off. I swallowed, "Why do you ask that?" I asked, looking down. "Well, you look so much like her," He said, "And it just came to my mind all of a sudden."

He turned on the radio and there was a song on that shouldn't be out yet. I frowned and took out my phone. "Is that a phone?" He asked. "Yeah," I said and put the phone to my ear. "Watson, come here. I need you. Watson, come here. I need you. Watson, come here. I need you," The phone repeated.

"What?" I whispered. As we were getting closer to the church, the car that almost ran over Dad appeared in front of us. "Dad!" I yelled and he swerves into the kerb, missing a tree. "It's that car. Same one from before," Dad said before we climbed out. "It was right in front of us. Where's he gone?"

I shrugged as I looked around before Dad turned to me. "You called me Dad. What did you say that for?" He asked. I swallowed and opened my mouth before closing it, not knowing what to say.

"You all right?" A woman asked. I turned around to see a woman running over to us. It was Sarah. My Grandmother. "Yeah, Mom. Don't worry," Dad said with a smile. Grandma looked at me, "Hey. Who are you?" She asked. "Hey," I breathed with a smile.

Grandma Sarah.

I missed her so much. She took care of me until she died when I was 6 years old and then I was taken to Uncle Pete and Aunt Jackie.

I looked at the baby that Grandma was holding. That baby was me. "That baby you're holding. That would be Neal and Katy's baby, right?" I said and she smiled, and looked down at the baby.

"Yes. She is. It's Samantha. She looks just like her mother and she has her father's eyes," She said and I smiled. Dad walked over to her and she handed the baby Samantha to him.

Grandma looked at me, "Are you here for the wedding?" She asked and I nodded, "Yeah. Neal gave me a ride over," I said. "Well, I own her one," Dad said, "She saved my life. A car almost hit me."

"What? Are you okay?" Grandma asked him. "Yeah," He said. "Go inside first, I'll be right there." She nodded and gave me a smile before walking away. "Hey, you went me to park your car?" I asked.

He looked up at me and smiled, "Yeah. Thank you. Stick it round the corner or something. Don't cause trouble," He said and I chuckled. He gave me the car keys and walked off with baby Samantha.

I parked the car and headed back to the church. I watched my Dad and baby Samantha and smiled. "Sam!" The Doctor called and I turned around to see he was running towards me. "Get in the church!" He yelled.

I frowned and he glanced up as he continued to ran towards me. I followed his gaze and saw a demonic bird. The bird charged at me and I let out a scream before The Doctor pulled me out of the way. "Get in the church," He said as he pulled me up.

We rushed to the church but before everyone could get inside, the bird appeared. Some people started running and the bird began to eat them. While the bird was distracted, everyone else made their way to the church. More birds appeared as The Doctor closed the doors.

"Can't get in. Old windows and doors," He said, "Okay. The older something is, the stronger it is. What else?" We heard the birds shrieked outside. "Go and check the other doors."

"What's happening? What are they?" Grandma asked. "There's been an accident in time. A wound in time. They're like bacteria, taking advantage. Go and check the doors," The Doctor said and she walked off. "My dad was out there," Stuart said.

"You can mourn him later. Right now we've got to concentrate on keeping ourselves alive," The Doctor said. "He had this phone thing. I can't get it to work. I keep getting this voice," Stuart said as he handed the phone to The Doctor. He put the phone to his ear and listened.

"That's the very first phone call. Alexander Graham Bell. I don't think the telephone's going to be much use," He said. "But someone must have called the police," Stuart said. "Police can't help you now. No one can. Nothing in this universe can harm those things," The Doctor said and walked towards me, "Time's been damaged and they've come to sterilise the wound. By consuming everything inside."

"Is this my fault?" I asked him quietly with a sad tone. He just looked at me and then looked down.

...................

I went to stand by the altar and Dad walked in. He sighed softly before turning to me, "This friend of yours. What did you mean, this is your fault?" He asked. I shrugged slightly, "I don't know. Everything," I said.

He looked around and then back at me, "I gave you my car keys," He started, "You don't give your keys to a complete stranger. It's, it's like I trusted you. Moment I met you I did. A wound in time. You called me Dad. I can see it. My eyes, Katy's attitude. You sound like her when you shout."

By the time he was done talking, tears appeared in my eyes. I slowly reached to his hand and I put it on my cheek. He stared at me for a moment and his mouth opened slightly, "You are. You are. You're my Samantha. You're my Samantha grown up," He realized before pulling me into a tight hug. I hugged him back tightly, "Dad. My Dad. My Daddy."