Chapter 34

After a little while, I was leaning against Mickey's car with him and Rose. "There's got to be something else we can do," Rose said. "Aunt Jackie was right. Maybe we should just lock the door and walk away," I said sadly.

"I'm not having that. I'm not having you just, just give up now. No way. We just need something stronger than my car. Something bigger," Mickey said before frowning at he looked over my shoulder, "Something like that." Rose and I followed his gaze to see a yellow truck drove towards us. It stopped and Aunt Jackie climbed out.

"You've only got this until six o'clock, so get on with it," She said. "Mum, where the hell did you get that from?" Rose asked. "Rodrigo. He owes me a favour," Aunt Jackie said and then she turned to me, "But you were right about your Mum and Dad, sweetheart. Now, get on with it before I change my mind."

She threw Mickey the keys and I smiled before rushing back into the TARDIS. Rose hooked the chain up to the truck and Mickey started driving. "Keep going!" I said before suddenly, the console got open. The light appeared and I looked at it. Golden streamed into my eyes and the only thing I felt was power and warmth. The door of the TARDIS shut close and the lever pulled.

I felt - so much power.

I turned around and the doors opened, revealing me that I was back at Floor 500. I couldn't move myself but I just walked out of the TARDIS without me knowing. "What've you done?" The Doctor asked me.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me," I spoke, my voice was a little metallic. "You looked into the Time Vortex. Sam, no one's meant to see that," The Doctor said.

"This is the Abomination!" The Emperor said. "Exterminate!" A Dalek said. The Dalek shot at me but my hand moved up, stopping it. "I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words, I scatter them in time and space. A message to lead myself here."

"Sam, you've got to stop this. You've got to stop this now. You've got the entire vortex running through your head. You're going to burn," The Doctor said. "I want you safe. My Doctor. Protected from the false god," I said. "You cannot hurt me. I am immortal," The Emperor said.

"You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space. Every single atom of your existence, and I divide them," I said before moving my hand, making a Dalek disintegrate. "Everything must come to dust. All things. Everything dies. The Time War ends," I said and made all the Daleks disappear.

"I will not die. I cannot die!" The Emperor said before I hold my hand up at it to make it disappear, along with the ship. "Sam, you've done it. Now stop. Just let go," The Doctor said. "How can I let go of this? I bring life," I said. "But this is wrong! You can't control life and death," He said.

"But I can . . . The sun and the moon, the day and night. But why do they hurt?" I asked with a frown. "The power's going to kill you and it's my fault," The Doctor said as he got up. "I can see everything. All that is, all that was, all that ever could be," I said. "That's what I see. All the time. And doesn't it drive you mad?" He asked.

"My head," I said with my voice creaking. "Come here," He said as he took my hand. "It's killing me," I realized. "I think you need a Doctor," He said before crushing his lips to mine. I felt suddenly weak before passing out in The Doctor's arms.

...................

I let out a small moan, opening my eyes to see I was in the TARDIS. I sat up and looked around to find The Doctor leaning on the console. "What happened?" I asked. "Don't you remember?" He asked. "There was this singing," I said as I got up.

"That's right. I sang a song and the Daleks ran away," He joked. "I was at home. No, I wasn't, I was in the TARDIS, and there was this light. And . . . Did you kissed me?" I asked as he looked down at his hand.

He smiled and looked at me, "Samantha Forbes Tyler. I was going take you to so many places. Barcelona. Not the city Barcelona, the planet Barcelona. You'd love it. Fantastic place. They've got dogs with no noses. Imagine how many times a day you end up telling that joke, and it's still funny," He said and I smiled.

"Then, why can't we go?" I asked. "Maybe you will, and maybe I will. But not like this," The Doctor said. "You're not making sense," I said as my smile faded away slightly.

"I might never make sense again. I might have two heads, or no head. Imagine me with no head. And don't say that's an improvement. But it's a bit dodgy, this process. You never know what you're going to end up with," He said before he stepped back in pain.

"Doctor!" I said worriedly as I stepped forwards towards him. "Stay away!" The Doctor said and I stopped. "What's going on?" I asked. "I absorbed all the energy of the Time Vortex, and no one's meant to do that. Every cell in my body's dying," He explained. "Can't you do something?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm doing it now. Time Lords have this little trick, it's sort of a way of cheating death. Except it means I'm going to change, and I'm not going to see you again. Not like this. Not with this daft old face," He said, "And before I go --"

"No, don't say that," I cut him off as tears appeared to my eyes, "Please don't say that."

"Sam, before I go, I just want to tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? So was I," The Doctor said, grinning. I smiled as a tear fall down my cheek. Suddenly, in front of my eyes, a golden light burst out of The Doctor's body.

I backed away and watched The Doctor changing. When the golden light was gone, there was a different man standing there in The Doctor's clothes. He looked at me, "Hello. Okay." He paused for a moment, "Ooo, new teeth. That's weird. So, where was I?" I stared at him scared and he grinned, "Oh, that's right. Barcelona."

~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed the first book! The second book will be up soon :)

Love you all

Katherine