Chapter 28

We went to city hall and stopped. "According to intelligence, the target is the last surviving member of the Slitheen family, a criminal sect from the planet Raxacoricofallapatorious, masquerading as a human being, zipped inside a skin suit," Jack explained, "Okay, plan of attack, we assume a basic fifty seven fifty six strategy, covering all available exits on the ground floor. Doctor, you go face to face. That'll designate Exit One, I will cover Exit Two. Sam, you take Exit Three. Mickey Smith, you take Exit Four. Have you got that?"

"Excuse me. Who's in charge?" The Doctor asked. "Sorry. Awaiting orders, sir," Jack said. "Right, here's the plan . . . Like he said. Nice plan. Anything else?" The Doctor asked. "Present arms," Jack said and we pulled out our cellphone. "Speed dial." We pressed the speed dial button. "See you in hell." We all went to different directions.

I walked around before a few moments later, my phone rang and saw it was The Doctor. I answered it, "Slitheen heading north," He informed. "On my way," I said before hanging up and started to ran. I went to the nearest exit and ran out the building. I saw Margaret and she stopped as she saw me before turning around and running away.

I met back up with The Doctor and Jack and looked around. "Who's on Exit Four?" Jack asked. "That was Mickey," I replied before Mickey caught up to us. "Here I am," He said. "Mickey the idiot," The Doctor said, shaking his head. "Be fair. She's not exactly going to outrun us," I said and just then Margaret disappeared.

"Bad timing, Sammy," Mickey said. "She's got a teleport! That's cheating! Now we're never going to get her," Jack said. "Don't worry. The Doctor is very good at teleports," I said with a smile.

The Doctor got out his Sonic Screwdriver and hold it up, and turned it on. Margaret reappeared. They kept a pattern. Vanish and reappear. After three times, she was close enough to us.

"I could do this all day," The Doctor said. "This is persecution. Why can't you leave me alone? What did I ever do to you?" Margaret asked. "You tried to kill me and destroy this entire planet," The Doctor stated. "Apart from that," Margaret said, shrugging.

I rolled my eyes and we all went back at the city hall. "So, you're a Slitheen, you're on Earth, you're trapped," The Doctor told Margaret, "Your family get killed but you teleport out just in the nick of time. You have no means of escape. What do you do? You build a nuclear power station. But what for?"

"A philanthropic gesture. I've learnt the error of my ways," Margaret said. "And it just so happens to be right on top of the rift," The Doctor said. "What rift would that be?" She asked. "A rift in space and time. If this power station went into meltdown, the entire planet would go boom," Jack said.

"This station is designed to explode the minute it reaches capacity," The Doctor said. "Didn't anyone notice? Isn't there someone in London checking this sort of stuff?" I asked.

"We're in Cardiff, sweetheart. London doesn't care. The South Wales coast could fall into the sea and they wouldn't notice. Oh. I sound like a Welshman. God help me, I've gone native," Margaret said. "But why would she do that? A great big explosion, she'd only end up killing herself," Mickey said.

"She's got a name, you know," Margaret said. "She's not even a she, she's a thing," Mickey shot back. "Oh, but she's clever," The Doctor said before he pulled the middle section out of the model and turned it over to reveal electronics.

"Is that a tribophysical waveform macro-kinetic extrapolator?" Jack asked as he took it from The Doctor. "Couldn't have put it better myself," The Doctor said. "Oo, genius! You didn't build this?" Jack asked Margaret.