Chapter 6

"Hold that one down," The Doctor ordered me as he was flying the TARDIS. "I'm holding this one down," I said. "Well, hold them both down," He said. "It's not going to work," I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, I promised you a time machine and that's what you're getting," He said. "Now, you've seen the future, let's have a look at the past. 1860. How does 1860 sound?"

"Why? What happened in 1860?" I asked. "I don't know, let's find out," He said with a smile and he pulled back a lever.

After a moment, the TARDIS stopped and we fall on the floor, laughing. The Doctor got up and hold a hand for me with I took, helping me get up. "You okay?" He asked. "Yep. I'm fine. Did we make it? Where are we?" I asked.

"I did it. Give the man a medal. Earth, Naples, December 24th, 1860," He said. I smiled, "December? That's so weird. It's Christmas time," I said. The Doctor motioned towards the door, "All yours."

"But, it's like, think about it," I started. "Christmas. 1860. It's happens once, just once and it's gone, it'll never happen again. Except for you. You can go back and see days that are dead and gone a hundred thousand ago . . . No wonder you never stay still."

"Not a bad life," He said, shrugging. "Better with two," I said and we smiled at each other. "Come on, then," I said, rushing to the door. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked, making me stop. "1860," I said, frowning.

"Dressed like that, you'll stand out," He said, pointing at my clothes. "There's a wardrobe through there. First left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, fifth door on your left."

"Okay . . . Okay," I said, running off. I found the room and changed into a dress that matched the time of year and arranged my hair. After that, I went back to the console room and The Doctor turned back to me, "Blimey."

I pointed at him, "Don't laugh," I said with a little giggle. "You look beautiful," He said and I looked at him with a smile. "Considering," He said. "Considering what?" I asked with a frown. "That you're human," He said. I rolled my eyes but smiled, "I will take that as a compliment. Aren't you going to change?"

"I've changed my shirt. Come on," The Doctor said and headed for the door but I stopped him, "You stay there. You've done this before. This is mine."

I headed for the door and opened it. I looked around, it was snowing a little and the town was covered with it. I stepped down and heard a crunching of snow so I looked down and quickly lifted my foot, looking at my footprint.

The Doctor followed me outside and closed the door before turning to me with a smile, "Ready for this? Here we go. History." We linked arms and started walking off. We walked down the busy street and The Doctor grabbed a newspaper from a man, reading it. "I got the flight a bit wrong," He said. "I don't care," I said.

"It's not 1860, it's 1869," He said. "I don't care," I repeated. "And it's not Naples," He said. "I don't care," I repeated. "It's Cardiff," He said, making me stop in my tracks while he continued on. "Right," I muttered before rushing to his side.

As we continued walking, we heard screaming coming from a theater. The Doctor looked at me and smile, "That's more like it!" We ran to the theater and went in. I frowned when there was something that looked like a blue gas.

"Fantastic," The Doctor said before rushing to the stage as I saw two people carrying an old woman away. "Leave her alone!" I told them. "Doctor, I'll get them." With that I ran after them as The Doctor told me to be careful. I ran after them outside and saw them putting the old woman in a carriage. "What're you doing?" I asked.

"Oh, it's a tragedy, miss. Don't worry yourself. Me and the master will deal with it. The fact is, this poor lady's been taken with the brain fever and we have to get her to the infirmary," The woman who was at the carriage told me. I touched the old lady, feeling that there was no pulse and she was cold.

"She's cold. She's dead," I said before turning back to the woman, "What'd you do to her?" Suddenly a hand grabbed me from behind and a pad of cloth over my mouth. I was struggling to get free but I slowly started to feel sleepy. And before I knew it; I passed out.