Chapter 33

I was back home with Mickey, Rose, Aunt Jackie and Uncle Pete. "What should we order?" Aunt Jackie asked as I sat on the couch by the window, staring out. "What about pizza? Sam, you on for it?" Mickey asked. "I'm not hungry," I said, not looking at them.

"Sammy, please have something to eat," Uncle Pete said. "Two hundred thousand years in the future, he's dying, and there's nothing I can do," I said. "Well, like you said two hundred thousand years. It's way off," Aunt Jackie said. "Mom," Rose said quietly.

I turned to look at them, "But it's not. It's now. That fight is happening right now, and he's fighting for us, for the whole planet, and I'm just sitting here," I said. "Listen to me," Aunt Jackie started, "Right now, I love him, do you know why? Because he did the right thing. He sent you back to us."

"But what do I do every day, Aunt Jackie? What do I do? Get up, catch the bus, go to work and school, come back home, eat chips and go to bed? Is that it?" I asked. "It's what the rest of us do," Mickey said. "But I can't just sit here. I never was the one to just sit still," I pointed out before getting up and walking out.

I walked to the park and sat on the ground, sighing. I looked over to see Mickey and Rose walking up to me. "Hey," Rose said softly as she sat down beside me. Mickey sat on my other side, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "You can't spend the rest of your life thinking about The Doctor," He said gently. "How do I forget him?" I asked, looking down.

"You've got to start living your own life. You know, a proper life, like the kind he's never had," He said. "It's going to be hard," Rose started, "But we all are here for you."

I glanced at her and then Mickey before back forwards. I frowned when I saw something was write on the pavement and also on the walls.

Bad Wolf

"Over here. It's over here as well," I said as I got up. Mickey and Rose got up as well. "That's been there for years. It's just a phrase. It's just words," Mickey said.

"No, wait," I said, "I thought it was a warning. Maybe it's the opposite. Maybe it's a message. The same words written down now and two hundred thousand years in the future. It's a link between me and The Doctor. Bad Wolf here, Bad Wolf there."

"But if it's a message, what's it saying?" Rose asked. "It's telling me I can get back," I said before turning to face them, "I could help him escape." With that said, I ran back to the TARDIS with Mickey and Rose following me.

We went inside the TARDIS, "All the TARDIS needs to do is make a return trip. Just reverse," I said. "Yeah, but we still can't do it," Mickey said. "The Doctor always said the TARDIS was telepathic," I said, "This --"

"This thing is alive. It can listen," Rose finished. I smiled and nodded. "It's not listening now, is it?" Mickey grumbled. "We need to get inside it. Remember, last time with the Slitheen, this middle bit opened, and there was this light, and The Doctor said it was the heart of the TARDIS," I said and he nodded. "If we can open it, I can make contact. I can tell it what to do."

"Sam," Mickey said. "Yeah?" I asked. "If you go back, you're going to die," Mickey said. "That's a risk I've got to take," I said. Rose shook her head, "No," She said.

"Rose --"

"I said no," She cut me off, "Mickey said you can die there. That's not happening." I grabbed her hand, "You have to trust me. I need to get him back. I can do this," I said, staring into her eyes.

"This is way more dangers," She said, shaking her head. "Trust me," I begged. She started at me for a moment, taking a deep breath before giving a small nod as she looked away, fighting her tears.

"Okay," She said. "Let's get this thing open," Mickey said before walking outside, "I'll get my car!" I looked at Rose, "Thank you," I said. She shook her head before placing her hands on my shoulders, "You have to promise me something," She said, "When you get The Doctor, you have to come back. Do you get that?"

I smiled softly and nodded before we hugged tightly. "I promise," I said. We pulled away and walked outside to see Mickey driving over in his car.

I headed back inside the TARDIS as Rose attached a chain from Mickey's car to the TARDIS console, and Mickey started to drive. "Faster!" I called out and Mickey pushed down the gas pedal. "It's not moving," I said before the chain broke. I kicked the console and then sat against it, trying to calm myself down.

...................

I don't know how long I sat there. In the TARDIS, sitting at the stairs. I looked over to see Aunt Jackie walking up to me, "It was never going to work, sweetie. And The Doctor knew that. He just wanted you to be safe," She said softly. "I can't give up, Aunt Jackie," I said. "Lock the door and walk away," She said softly.

"Mom and Dad wouldn't give up," I said as I blinked away my tears. "Well, they not here. And even if they were, your Mom would say the same," Aunt Jackie said. "No, she or Dad wouldn't. They'd tell me to try anything. If I could save The Doctor's life, try anything," I said.

"Well, we're never going to know," She said. "Well, I know because I met Dad. I even saw Mom at her wedding and met Grandma Sarah," I said. "Don't be ridiculous," She said.

"The Doctor took me back in time, and I saw Mom and Dad," I said as I got up. "Don't say that," She said. "Remember when my Dad died? There was someone with him. A girl, a girl with blond hair. She held his hand. Aunt Jackie, that was me. That was me," I said.

"Stop it," She said as tears appeared in her eyes. "That's how good The Doctor is," I said. "Stop it! Just stop it," She said before running out. Uncle Pete walked in but Aunt Jackie just ran past him.

He turned to me with a frown, "What's going on?" He asked. Tears fall down my cheeks and I sat back down on the stairs, crying.

Uncle Pete sat beside me, wrapping his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his chest. I sniffed but tears continued to fall from my cheeks, "Uncle Pete, what will I do?" I asked quietly. "I know it's hard," He said as he stroke my hair and I closed my eyes, "But sometimes you have to let go the things you love."

"But how can I?" I asked, "It's The Doctor we are talking about . . . He can't . . . He can't die. I can't let him."