By The Angel

"I still can't believe you didn't warn me about Maryse." Jace complains at Clary. "Do you know how awkward that conversation was? Especially considering that I had no clue what was happening." Clary had forgot to warn Jace about how his step-mother thought he got her, his girlfriend, pregnant. While it was terrifying at the time as Clary also had to explain everything to her own mother she couldn't help but laugh at it now.

"Calm down, Jace." Clary said while holding in some laughter. "It's not a big deal anymore." Clary said.

Jace let out a sigh. "All I'm saying is that you owe me one, Fray." Clary gave Jace a funny look.

"Fray? Calling me by my mundane name now, are we?" She questioned him.

"Give me a break! You have too many last names and I never known which one you're going by." Clary raised her eyebrows up at him in shock.

"You're one to talk, Mr. Wayland-Morgenstern-Lightwood-Herondale." Jace laughed at this. "Anyway, it was over a month ago. When are you going to let this go?" She asked him.

"When you have something like this to hang over my head." Finished Jace. "Okay fine I still can't even believe that you thought that Theo whatever his last name is was hotter than me" Jace said. Clary rolled her eyes "Let it go" Clear said and gave him a small shove on the shoulder. The two of them we sitting in the grass on a hill. It was a quiet peaceful day, just the two of them...

"Hey guys!" Clary and Jace heard someone call out. They looked behind them and noticed Isabelle running towards them while dragging Simon behind her, closely followed by Alec and Magnus.

"Looks like our date has been compromised." Jace whispers into Clary's ear. Isabelle and Simon reached the two of them in a matter of seconds and sat down in the grass. "Hey guys." Jace smiles back as Alec and Magnus sit down. "What brings you by?" Jace asked.

"Can't friends just hang out with their other friends?" Alec asks Jace innocently.

"Not when those friends are cock blocking." Jace mumbles.

"Hey!" Clary, Isabelle and surprisingly Simon yell out at him.

"I'm kidding!" He says defending himself and puts his hands up in surrender. All his friends roll their eyes knowing his lies.

Clary changes the subject not wanting to talk about her and Jace's personal life. "Well considering everyone is here I might as well mention it. I've been thinking that I should create a new rune to help prevent certain incidents from happening again." Clary hints at.

Isabelle nodded in agreement. "Birth control?" Every head turned to face her rather quickly, except Alec who gets up and walks away. Isabelle noticed everyone's strange look and quickly tries to fix what she said. "I mean...." And breaks off into a coughing fit. Everyone starts laughing for a few minutes to be joined a few minutes later by a traumatized looking Alec.

"No!" Clary shouts and shakes her head after pulling herself together from laughing. "I was thinking about a rune to prevent us from turning into children again." Clary reaches in her bag and pulls out her sketchbook and flips to a fresh page. Clary pulls out a pen and shuts her eyes tightly focusing her mind on a new rune. Soon Clary began to move the pen drawing a new rune. The paper held a rune no one has seen before. "This should help prevent us from turning into children, thought it might be useful." Everyone around Clary nods in agreement, knowing how difficult it was when Alec, Isabelle and Jace turned.

"Are you sure it works?" Questioned Alec, always being the skeptic one.

"Of course it works! I designed it after all." Clary shoot back.

"All I mean is that you're still new to this whole 'designing new runes' thing and we wouldn't want anything going wrong." Clary rolled her eyes at Alec's statement.

"Here, I'll put it on first to prove that it actually does work." Clary pulls out her stele and places it on her skin drawing the new rune. After it was drawn Simon lifted up his sleeve indicating that he was next to have the rune, which Clary happily drew on. Simon didn't seem to have any concern, probably them being parabatai and all. "See..." Clary said referring to both her and Simon's matching runes. "No harm done一 Oh no" Clary said.

Clary and Simon looked at each other in panic both knowing what was about to happen. Both Clary and Simon started to glow a dull yellow and their physical age appearance started to shift between multiple ages.

"Magnus! Help them!" Isabelle called out to him. Magnus lifted his hands to try and counteract the power of the runes. The vibrant blue magic pouring from his fingers reacted with the dull yellow turning the area around them green.

Magnus scrunch up his face which indicated his focus. "Rune magic is very different from warlock magic. I'm not sure if I can hold it!" Magnus just finished his statement before he flew backwards unconscious. Clary and Simon fell to the ground as well. Jace and Isabelle run leap forward towards the fallen Clary and Simon. Once arriving by their sides it was obvious that the rune and Magnus's magic to counteract the rune didn't work as the two parabatai sat side by side as four year olds.

"Are you ducking kidding me!" Isabelle yells when she sees them. She got a confused and annoyed look from Jace. "What? No swearing in front of the kids." She says innocently.

Jace ignores Isabelle and looks back towards Magnus. "By the Angel Clary look at what you done to yourselves" Jace whispers to his sleeping four year old girlfriend. "Magnus- It didn't work..." Jace looks back and sees Magnus lying on the ground with his head in Alec's lap. Jace picks up his sleeping girlfriend while Isabelle picks up her boyfriend and hurry over towards Alec and Magnus. "Is he okay?" Jace asks Alec.

"I don't know. He seems okay, doesn't look like he was affected by the spell but we can't be certain. We need to leave now, can you help me carry him out?" Jace nods and passes still sleeping Clary to Isabelle while Alec and Jace both take an one of Magnus' arms to help carry back to the apartment.

"Clary's gonna hate that the rune shrunk her boots." States Izzy as they make their way back to the apartment.

Please do vote for this chapter and other chapters if you like.
-Kimmy😘