Chapter 4

Reece's POV

I was woken rather abruptly from my sleep with something, rather, someone, jumping on my bed.

"Reece! Reece! Wake up! It's almost time to go and you got a message about your person!" yelled Lexi, shoving my phone in my face.

The text read:

Dear Reece Bibby,

As you know you have been successful in applying for the exchange student program.

Your exchange student partner is called Jade Edwards. She is arriving on the plane in a couple of hours so make sure you pick her up.

If you think that you shouldn't have a girl exchange she was the most matched for you and your family.

Have fun

The Exchange Society

"MUM-M-M-M I have a girl called Jade Edwards instead of a guy." I yelled down to my mum at the same time as dialling Blake's number on my phone.

"Hi you've reached Blake's phone. I'm unavailable right now as I'm either sleeping, eating or playing guitar and singing. Leave a message and i'll call you back when i have time." I was so annoyed that he hadn't picked up that i send him a huge message about why he needed to pick up then dialled George's number.

"Reece why did you ring so early?" i heard in George's voice that he had been woken up by my phone call.

"Well it is important, I just got the message about the exchange person i am having and her..."

I said and was cut short with a huge WHAT from George's side of the line.

"What do you mean you have a girl exchange person. You're so lucky, it means we can have a girl in our group of friends that's not one of us. We can get her obsessed with our band. Who knows she might be able to sing and play guitar!" said George, obviously so excited about ME having a girl exchange person.

"Ok fine she might be ok. At least Lexi can keep her some company when we are recording." I said, growing on the idea.

"Finally you're slightly less petrified. Also have you heard who Blake is having?" George was so excited about this, of course he was.

"Nope. Oh, speaking of the devil, he's ringing now, I'll call you back mate," I said, hanging up on George and picking up Blake's incoming call.

"Hey Reece! Guess what?" he asked.

"Your exchange student is a girl?" I said.

"Yeah, how did you know?" he asked, clearly confused.

"Mine is too. Her name's Jade Edwards," I said.

"Mine is Riley Starwell" said Blake on the other side of the line.

"Wait, does it actually say her name is Riley cause Riley is also a guys name." I said hoping for the best.

"Well now i come to think of it i can't remember. I got the message and read it then saw your call and called you. I didn't pay much attention to it. I guess we'll find out when we get them at the airport," said Blake, sounds like I'm the only one a bit annoyed about having a girl exchange. At least Mum and Lexi will have a fun time while Jade is here.

"Reece come down and have breakfast, we have to leave soon and you need to make a sign for the girl coming to stay with us." called my mum from the kitchen.

"Hey Blake, sorry but i have to go down for breakfast now. You might want to talk to George he just phoned." I said, and as i finished Blake had already hung up. Why am i stuck with another girl, Lexi is cute but she does get annoying. Oh well she could be like me, I thought as i went down to the kitchen to get my breakfast.