Chapter 38

Riley's POV

The weeks flew past and before any of us knew it, there was only three weeks left of school term. Jade had had her cast on for just under a week now and I hadn't heard from her in a while and decided I would when we got home after school that day. Finally the bell went to signalise the end of school. Blake and I went home and as soon as we walked into the door my phone started ringing.

"Who's phoning you?" asked Blake.

"Jade," I said looking at the screen. "I'll be back soon."

"Hey Jade," I said disappearing off to my bedroom. "Haven't heard from you in a while!"

"It's been what, only half an hour, am I right?" I heard Blake shout after me. I rolled my eyes and closed the bedroom door.

"G'day," she said back.

"So, how has it been at your end?" I asked.

"Stressful," came the nonchalant reply.

"Is that meant to mean something else or just stressful in general?" I asked.

"I don't even know," she said. I could tell something was wrong.

"Are you going to elaborate on that? You don't have to if you don't want to," I said. Jade gave a heavy sigh.

"Earlier today, Reece said that he liked me a lot and I said the same thing back, la dee da dee da and then we almost kissed, like a proper kiss, and then his mum barged in and he was pissed off for the rest of the morning and then-," she said.

"Wait, what?!" I almost shouted.

"What?"

"You guys almost kissed?!" I said incredulously.

"Yeah, but listen!" she said.

"Like on the lips?"

"Yes! But we never made it that far because his mum interrupted. Anyway! Then after maths we were in the classroom and we almost kissed...again... and then my friend barged in and then Reece stormed out and hasn't spoken to me for the rest of the day. He hasn't even made eye contact. Why? What have I done?" she said, sounding sad at the end.

"Have you tried to speak to him? That happened between me and Blake at one point and we didn't speak for ages. Maybe try talk to him. It might help," I suggested.

"What do I say? Stop being a temperamental drama queen? Help!"

"I don't know, maybe something like 'I'm sorry about what happened earlier' or something. I'm really not sure," I said, my mind racing on what i could tell Jade.

"But it wasn't my fault! I have nothing to be sorry for!" she said indignantly.

"Yeah i know, how about you try start a conversation. Maybe ask for help with some homework or just ask whether he wants to talk about what happened earlier," I said, hoping it was good advice and not something i thought was good but was actually bad.

"Good idea. How's things been with you?"

"Thanks and things have been pretty good with me. Blake, Soulla and Abbie have organised our trip home. They get to stay at my place. And we are all flying on the same day," I said and couldn't wait for that to happen.

"That's so cool. I think we are going to see some more of Reece's family at christmas or something. I just remembered, we are all meant to be heading down to London like next week aren't we," Jade said.

"Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that," I said actually relieved Jade had remembered, Blake and I had completely forgot. "I'll remind Blake when we finish talking."