Chapter 28

Jade's POV

School was going pretty good apart from the odd teacher that didn't like me but oh well. We hadn't had sport yet which was good but we had it on the Friday so i had a few days to prepare for that subject. Before long it was Friday and we had PE first. What a great class to start the day, not.

"Hey Reece, what is Miss Kirkland like?" I asked just as we arrived at school. Miss Kirkland was to be our PE teacher and i just hoped she was a nice teacher.

"Well she is OK, I honestly don't like her to much but other people think she is the best. I guess you can see for yourself," Reece said.

"Oh ok," I said and was contemplating whether to get worried or not.

Once we were at PE and class had started our teacher walked in 10 minutes later and asked why were weren't doing anything. This made me automatically dislike her, great her chance has already gone. What's worse was her hair was so greasy and done up super messy which just looked gross.

"Ok class, I'll do the role then we are going to start off playing a game of football," a round of cheers came from the guys and groans from the girls.

When she did the role, again i was asked to talk about myself and where I was from. Everyone in the class knew who i was but of course the teacher didn't so i did a super short extract about it. Finally we got into the game of football which luckily we were not doing girls versus boys as that would just have been unfair. I got onto the same side as Reece which was good then we had team talks to figure out who was going where on the pitch. I was a sub to start off which was good. A girl called Amelie was also off from our team and we decided to talk for a bit.

"Go Blue team," we cheered every so often so it looked like we were interested in the game when actually we were not.

"So Jade, what is it like being here instead of Australia for a year?" asked Amelie after we had just done a quick cheer.

"I love it over here. Everyone is so nice and kind and i love it," I said as i was really passionate about how i felt over here.

"That's good," she said.

"It is time for you two to switch on and for two people to come off," said our teacher coming up behind and making us jump. She made us switch with Leah and Max who are both really good and play football on a weekend.

"I literally suck at football," I said in an undertone to Amelie.

"Same here," she said back. While the two of us were on the pitch we literally tried to stay away from the ball and got some weird looks from our team, the opposition and the teacher. I could feel she already didn't like me. The score ended up being a draw thankfully as some of the other girls were actually afraid of the ball.

"Well that was fun," said Reece coming up behind me. I stared at him like WHAT.

"What did you say?" I asked questioningly.

"I said that was fun," he said with a smile.

"No it was not," I said. I decided that i was going ignore Reece for a while so he knew what he had done so i spent the day with Amelie. Luckily i had classes with her. At the end of school I decided i would actually talk to Reece so i asked him about Riley's birthday surprise thingy that was the next week.

"So, what are we doing for Riley's birthday again?" I asked and hoped he didn't go onto the topic of football.

"Well, i think we are leaving school a little early as we are meant to get to Blake's place before Blake and Riley finish school. That way it is an actual surprise," Reece said.