Chapter 17

Jade's POV

Before Reece was abruptly called to the phone down stairs, we were happily singing to some of our favourite songs in Reece's room which was so much fun. As soon as Reece came back into the room he got a message from a friend. When i asked who he didn't tell me so i looked over his shoulder. It was of course a message from Blake meaning Riley was probably on the other side as well.

When i looked at the messages i noticed that Blake was trying to see whether Reece liked me and obviously he wasn't getting it out of Reece. (I asked Reece to show me what they'd written but he just frowned and said 'no'). Reece was becoming in an increasingly bad mood with each message that Blake (and probably Riley) were sending. He kept glowering at his phone. I put my hand on his shoulder which seemed to calm him a bit.

"Hey Reece, how about you send them a message about them together? That should stop them," I suggested. This seriously was so much fun teasing Riley.

"Nice idea," he said. When he had finished typing he showed me what he had written.

"Nice, nice, nice," I said as he sent it.

"You don't think it's a bit much?" he asked me.

"Nope! That should shut them up! Oh, look, they've left us on read," I laughed.

Reece seemed considerably happier after that.

"Reece? What did they ask you on the phone?" I asked. Reece grunted in reply.

"Aw, come on, Reece, don't be like that! Tell me!" I begged, pouting at him. Reece sighed and looked down at the ground.

"Well, Blake pretended to be a mate from school and they asked me what have I been doing in the holidays and then I told them about you and then they asked what did I think of you and what do you look like and do i like you as in more than a friend and then we hung up," said Reece nonchalantly.

"What did you say to all that?" I asked. He appeared to not have heard me. "Reeeece?" I nagged.

"What?" he said briskly.

"What did you say to all that?" I repeated.

"He said that you're really cool to have over and you're really funny. He also said that you were so beautiful and that your eyes sparkle even when the lights are out and that your hair is long and like dark chocolate and curly and you're just wow and that he and he kinda likes you but he's only known you for two weeks and yeah!" Lexi was standing in the doorway, looking very proud of herself. I looked between Reece and Lexi, Reece went from looking mortified to murderous and Lexi was getting prouder of herself by the second. Without looking at me, he stood up so that he towered over Lexi. I couldn't see his face but chances were that he was glaring at her, pretty heavily too.

"Get...out...of...my...ROOM!" Reece was so mad he could barely string a sentence together. He bellowed out the last word which caused Lexi to run away laughing and giggling her head off.

"Oh, come on Reece! She's just making it up to annoy you," I said, with an awkward laugh. Reece, who was still standing in the doorway, slowly turned around to face me.

"She didn't," he said, avoiding eye contact.

"Didn't what?" I asked.

"Didn't make it up," he mumbled.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh," he said with a bitter laugh.

"Oh," I said, blushing madly.

"It's fine, if you want to get the hell out of my room and think that I'm some sort of weirdo, that's fine because I would too if I were you," he grumbled.

"Reece!" I exclaimed.

"It's fine, I won't take offence if you just walk away and not want to see me because now I've made things awkward between us and-," he rambled.

"Reece!" I snapped. Reece looked up at me, caught off guard by my sudden outburst. He remained silent.

"Thank you! I was going to say, before you started feeling all sorry for yourself, I was actually going to say that you're a really great guy and what you said about me was very nice and it makes me miss home less when you're so nice to me and you have really nice eyes too," I said, smiling at him.

"Really?" he said, a bit looking happier.

"Yeah, really. Thanks for everything that you've done for me since I got here," I said.

"Reece! Jade! I hope you two are in bed! In your own rooms! School starts tomorrow, you know!" yelled Lyndsey from downstairs.

"I'd better head off to my room now," I said. Reece helped me up and then I pulled him into a hug. He seemed surprised at first but then hugged me back, his arms hanging loosely around my waist.

"Thank you for everything," I whispered in his ear. He tilted my chin up so I was looking into his beautiful green eyes. One day, and perhaps quite soon, those eyes were going to get me in trouble, i could feel it, right then and there in that moment.

"You're welcome," he said.

We bade each other goodnight and then let go of each other so I could go to my room. As I went to bed, I secretly thanked Blake and Riley for the phone call because without it, that little moment that Reece and I shared wouldn't've happened. I was really happy that no one was in my room and therefore couldn't hear my heart beating or the butterflies fluttering. A few minutes later, I heard Lyndsey come up and check if Reece and I were in bed. Had she turned the light on as she peeked in my room, she would've seen the giddy smile I wore on my face. Thankfully, she didn't and left me smiling into the night.

~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys,

Are you excited for the EP to come out tomorrow. We are seriously so excited for it.

Tell us what you think

<3